View Single Post
Old 4th April 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best treatment for small plantar fibroma?

Not sure if this will work for everyone but it has for me. I have had plantar fibromatosis for about 10 years now. I am 42 years old. I went to two different podiatrist and heard the same thing from both and was very frustrated. I would get even more frustrated when I would go online and read about it in forums like this.
My whole life I have been in fairly good shape but started putting on weight about 11 years ago. I didnt get fat but was out of shape and was getting no excersise what so ever. A little over two years ago, I started back excersing,eating right and going to a chiropractor because of some lower back issues I was having. Part of my excersise routine was to do alot of streatching not only my back but my legs as well. I have always been tall and lanky and never real flexible. I noticed after about 6 months that my lumps in my arches were getting smaller. I dont know if it was loosing 35 lbs., going to the chiropractor and getting adjusted or a combination of all three. I am guessing that it is the streatching. The lump in my left foot is pretty much gone and the one in my right has shrunk considerably enough were I can get on the tread mill every day and not be in pain. I havn't been to the chiropractor in about a year because I could no longer afford going with insurance not covering it.
I would say to any of you that if you have not been streatching to try it. Do it for 15 minuits in the morning and 15 minuits at night.Make sure you streatch your lower back and legs as much as you can. Also, if you are over weight see what loosing weight does. You can find videos or routines on line. You can e-mail me if you have any questions.
Mark
marks_5@comcast.net