1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bone-like Protrusion on Inside of Left Foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Today I noticed that when I put the bottoms of my feet together, the left foot does not look the same as the right, there is (what feels like) a bone protruding in the middle of my left foot. It doesn't hurt to touch but there has been a dull pain in that foot all day. I've had a bit of foot pain for about a week and a half now, but only today did I bother to actually see if I could notice anything different in my feet. I am a frequent runner and ended up limping on the side of the highway today after going just a short distance. Putting ice on it helps the pain a little but doesn't make the protrusion go away. The thought of not running for any period of time "just to see if it gets better" isn't very appealing. Does anyone know what this might be, or whether it's something I'll need surgery for? I couldn't find anything online so I'm posting it here.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    You need a probably simple hands-on evaluation, and that cannot be obtained online. See a podiatrist, and it would certainly be sensible to stop running until you do.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem. I had surgery for a bunion on that same foot about a year ago. When I woke up from the surgery the doctor told me he saw a problem further up that needed attention. I have not had time to go see him again but it would be wise to see a foot doctor

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

In my opinion, it is not very likely that some other problem which needs independent treatment is diagnosed during the course of performing a bunionectomy. Nor would it be reasonable that you didn't ask the doctor what it was without having to go back to see him and further unreasonable that you haven't done even THAT for a year. Elucidate please.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re:KNOT IN ARCH OF FOOT

I have a knot about 2 inches long on the inside of my left foot.it starts on the left side of my arch and wraps around to the inside of my left foot.it is painful,has redness,very tender and is firm to touch.i have to walk on the outside edge of my foot as it hurts to step down on my foot.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I think that based on your multiple complaints there is clear indication that the proper course of action would be to see a doctor and not wait for or rely upon guesses from Internet responders.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing but in my right foot it gets to the point i cant stand ice helps til i apply pressure to it.My job is on my feet and have no insurance. Any helpful info would be much appreciated.