1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Severe stinging pain in side of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been having a pain in the side of the sole of my foot. It feels kind of like a bee sting but only last for a few seconds. It does this without warning and not very often (three times last night and probably ten times today). I don't have to be walking or standing. Shoes doesn't seem to make it worse either. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same issue and can't find an answer anywhere

3. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Have you tried seeing a doctor?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same here! I feel like it almost swells, and there is a bump where the pain is. Any help? Not life threatening, just annoying as hell.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same exact thing in the same area! Can't find much about it... it is so annoying. Feels like I'm getting stung by a bee each time. There is nothing there... no mark, no redness...nothing. Anyone had any follow up info on it?

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem it's like a severe pain that pluses sometimes. No bump or redness but pain. Any ideas???

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have the exact same thing happening in my foot...it's the most severe, annoying stinging paid i have ever felt...i laugh after the pain goes away because of how stupid i look when it's happening...did anyone ever get any responses or find out what it may be?

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This sting thing just happened to me for the first time last night in bed. I whipped back the covers after I yelped with the sting - waiting to see a half dead bee in the bed sheets - as I had only changed them yesterday - but nada ! nothing! I have got it about 3 times today. Must be something to do with nerve endings in the foot, but have no idea what exactly it could be....

9. nedster

nedster Guest

I just got it (I am 28 years old) while walking in my kitchen. I really thought I'd been stung by a bee or got a piece of glass in my foot. I sat looking at my foot for a good 5 min. Nothing. And the pain was gone. Got up and took a couple steps, BAM. It happened again! I'm afraid to walk on my foot now... :-( And finding no answers... This site aint much help, but thought I'd spend the time to put my 2 cents in.

Tami Julien likes this.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have been having the exact same thing, it started a couple of days ago, and up to today had only happened twice. Today however, it's happening as I write this and has happened 7 times so far. Does anyone have an answer to what it is, or maybe what the cause is. It also doesn't matter whether I am up and about or sat and relaxed. Thanks

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have been having this stinging in my right foot on the bottom right side. It feels like a sharp stinging pain. Has anyone ever received feedback on this?

Tami Julien likes this.
  12. 007dan heath

007dan heath Guest

Just saw my foot Doctor he says its tendinitis , ruled out cyst; will be doing more test next week.

Tami Julien likes this.
  13. Experiencing the same thing tonight. About a dozen times now in the side of my foot on the bone. Sitting, standing, laying down it doesn't matter. I jump each time and then the stinging is gone. Have had my wife and kids looking at my foot with a lighted magnifying glass, there is nothing there. This is most certainly not tendonitis. Anyone ever get a definitive answer?

14. truth

truth Guest

same except i was trying to steal my bros milkshake.its bruised and feels like glass but idk

15. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Guest

16. KMB

KMB Guest

My bee sting area is in my right heel. Comes out of nowhere and it takes my breath away. I don't look for a bee anymore but I used to. It comes and goes. Nothing for months and then in bed this morning and two other times today. This has been going on for several years. Nobody can offer any reasonable explanation.

17. BAL

BAL Guest

It just happen to me. I was just out of the shower and thought something stung me!!! Walking into the LR happened again and once while sitting. CRAZY!! Was hoping to find answers, but at least I know it is a thing. Will keep searching...

18. I have the same thing. I went to the foot doctor and he gave me a cortisone shot in my foot. It deaden the pain felt great for a couple of months. Now its back again. He said it's nerve entrapment. The he gave me me dose pack of pills. It's inflammatory drug. Worked great. Lasted about 6 months. Then it's back.

19. Kenyo7

Kenyo7 Guest

Did you ever figure out why? I recently had pains that felt like bee stings on the side of my foot. By chance I stretched my foot forward, pivited my foot in a circular motion and heard a pop. No further issues, day one now. I think it is a result of pinched nerve. No medical evidence.

Ken

20. I've been feeling the same exact pain , it happens without any warning, RANDOMLY, and only lasts a couple of seconds at a time. This started happening yesterday out of the blue and has occured around 7 times since last night. I am a 20 year old female and weigh 145 lbs. I'm worried and don't know what is happening to me...