1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bruising around toes with no pain or known injury

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This morning, as I was drying off from being in the shower, I noticed that on the side of my big toe, near the joint, there appeared to be a bruise about a dime size. It was a deep purple. I felt no pain and am not aware of injuring that toe recently. About 30 minutes later I noticed tiny bruising at the bottom of each one of my other toes on the same foot. The only other thing I can add is that about a month ago, I stubbed that big toe and ripped my nail. It came off two days ago. Is it serious?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    There ARE medical conditions where bruises appear on the skin for with no apparent physical reasons, but not just on the toes. It is not uncommon for the medial side of the great toe to have intra-dermal bleeding from the same rubbing that causes the common pinch callous. Bruise on the plantar fat pads of the toes may be from sub-clinical shearing force trauma, and such as a Spenco insole and properly fitted shoes may be helpful. But these are just guesses based on common causes and not an evaluation of your individual case. See a podiatrist.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Wow, Im having the exact problem. A few days ago I noticed the right tip of my right big toe and the tip of my second toe had something on it, which at first I thought was dirt, but turned out to be a weird, dark bruise. But there's no pain when I walk or even put pressure on it.

Then, this morning, as Im going to put socks on I notice an even bigger splotched area on the entire left side of that same big toe. It looks as if someone colored my toe with a maroon marker.! No pain, but I'm kind of worried.. The other 'bruises' still haven't gone away, either. Any helpful ideas/diagnostics?

Much appreciated!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi, any resolution to this problem? I have the exact same thing: one quarter size purplish bruise on the side of one big toe, and a little bruise on three other toes. No pain or itching. Appeared all of a sudden yesterday.
    Thanks.

5. Kayhan Yalci

Kayhan Yalci Guest

My wife had exactly the same problem the other day. When she was having a bath, she noticed that her big toes was bruised for no apparent reason and with no pain. I am worried she may have a disease. Is this an indication of an important disease or disorder? Any medical person to help.

6. Foot trouble

Foot trouble Guest

I have a perfect circle on my big toe pad. It looks know kind of like mold. I have all gray other toes and it looks like my other big toe may have the same thing

7. Has anyone ever gotten an answer to this? I have the same thing in both feet, one much worse than the other. I think it also is related to nerve pain I have been experiencing along the too inside of both feet.