1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

sharp burning pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have recently begun experiencing a sharp burning pain on the inside of my right foot just above my heel. It is located right along the edge of my heel, where the soft skin begins to turn into the rougher sole of my heel. I notice the pain when I bend over to pick something up off the floor, so I am thinking that it might have something to do with stretching the tendons in that area, maybe? I can also feel the pain if I should happen to step on something and it hits right against that same area. This have been going on approximately 2 weeks. I've not had any type of injury to the area. I previously noticed that there are some lumpy little bumps under the skin all along my heels in this same soft skin/rough sole area. These lumps do not hurt and they are not hard nodules, but soft. Any ideas?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Have you had any luck with finding the diagnosis and treatment? I have exactly the same issue. Right foot, inside (opposite side of the ankle) and just above the rough part of the heal. The pain is not constant although when it strikes it is extremely painful. The pain occurs anytime (not necessarily when walking, sitting, reclining, sleeping). It feels like someone is stabbing that area with something very hot. I have been to chiropractor (thinking it is a bulging disk) although x-rays identify not. I have had cortisone shots which did not help much. I have worn a 'boot' at night time for plantars fascittis. HELP!!

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Nope - still no luck finding an answer...mine is better, but had to limp through it for a while!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same issue. Please post if you found any information.

5. Rev.Lily

Rev.Lily Guest

Sounds like you could use some homeopathic arnica gel .
    Works for my inner ankle burning stabbing pain. At least it offers a few good
    hours of relief. And you can use it up to 3 times a day. No known side effects
    or interactions. Arnica Montana is the main ingredient.
    I got mine at a local natural supplement store. Hope it helps.
    May God Bless you. Rev.Lily

6. Marklar

Marklar Guest

Re: sharp burning pain on the inside of my heel

I just developed this same pain.
    Sorry nobody has found a solution or a cause.
    From the other forums, lack of arch support seems to be where I will start.

This also appears to be mostly confused as plantar fasciitis.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has solved the problem vs dealing with the symptom. Thanks!

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This sounds like Achillies Tendonitis. If you google it, you can find help. It is like any tendon injury. Ice, rest, epsom salt baths etc. is what I have been advised.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've recently developed this same problem. Still no answers here? It doesn't sound like Achilles Tendonitis to me. Other websites make it sound like that is in the upper back part of the heel. This is in the area that the other posters described. Sharp burning pain.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

You have Posterior Tibial Tendonitis.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

No. It is not Posterior Tibial Tendonitis because the symptoms described above have nothing to do with the arch or the stability of the foot. Please ensure you know what you are talking about before misleading people.

I have this too. Right foot, inside area of heel and just about the sole. Just a few minutes ago I bent over with straight legs trying to reach for something on my bed. The pain was so excruciating that my wife though I broke my back instead. I have my fair share of research but nothing concluding comes up.

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

this sounds like what has been nagging at me for the last week or so. It's just above where Plantar Fasciitis should be, and just below where I would assume Achilles Tendonitis whould be. It's only a sharp stabbing pain when I bend over. I'd like to stay in the loop should someone find out what it is.... Bill.

12. KAS

KAS Guest

I've had a similar issue the last 4 days when I bend down to pick up something. The inside of my left foot, about 1 1/2 - 2" from the very back of the heel feels like something is tearing. I went to my chiropractor and he told me that my sacrum is pinching my L5 nerve. He adjusted me and today the tearing feeling is gone, although I still have some soreness in that area. Hopefully this info will help someone else with the same issue.

13. K.Billrr

K.Billrr Guest

Tey the diagnosis of Mortons Neuroma

14. Bbopnarb

Bbopnarb Guest

I have it, too. Right foot, only when I bend over & it does go away, pretty quickly, but it really smarts when it happens- same as the others.. It's a hot, sharp pain, halfway between my inner ankle joint & my heel. It's usually, when I squeegee the glass shower wall, after each use (that's a lot). I'm sad to say, mine's been going on for 6mos. I would love some help or advice, please. It's disconcerting & painful. Thank you.

15. Austen

Austen Guest

Yes, I have the same thing. Doubt its Morton's neuroma - had that before, and its in a totally different area and not the same feeling. In my case its usually worse in the morning (bending over in the shower seems like a classic symptom), although not too painful for me. As others have said, seems like something pulling, so could be pinching of the nerve as one person said.

16. Brian S. Law

Brian S. Law Guest

17. Brian S. Law

Brian S. Law Guest

Did you ever get a diagnosis for your inner right heel pain below the ankle bone when bending over?

18. Brian S. Law

Brian S. Law Guest

19. Brian S. Law

Brian S. Law Guest

• Did you ever get a diagnosis for your inner right heel pain below the ankle bone when bending over?

20. Crash

Crash Guest

Interesting! I have an L5 injury that I have been having physical therapy for and in the past two weeks developed the same pain in my heel.