1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

dull ache in middle side of right foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by DJH, Apr 16, 2009.

1. DJH

DJH Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I woke up and had a nagging on and off dull ache in the right foot. It is in the middle outer bottom of the right foot. It is not a steady ache and it is on and off even when I am sitting or walking or sleeping. What could it be? It is not a pain, but a dull ache. It makes my foot seem weak like it may give out. I did not hurt it etc. it just came out of no where.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It is beyond reasonable expectation to think that the simple identification of the site of a pain sensation in the foot, or anywhere else in the body, without any other clues to suggest what might have precipitated it would elicit the answers which you desire. It is no more reasonable than to, with as little information, ask your GP why your stomach might ache. Diagnosis can often be a daunting enough task when good information is at hand.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Foot Doc

Do you really need to be so condescending in your responses? Many of the people are just looking for a little help to figure out if it is a minor abnormality or major problem. They are not doctors or they would not be asking these questions. We know you know more about feet than we do that is why we find sites like this. Do you honestly think you are helping by insulting all who may leave out a little info...again we are not Doctors....if it bugs you that bad why even respond or just respond with "More info please?"

Leave the holier than thou attitude out of it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It would be simple to clearly state one needs further info without the attitude. For example: "I would need more information to help you." The answer WAS condescending, as usual, from a "dr" who obviously detests people.

5. Hmm.. Seems like the pain is not in the muscles or bones (given the fact that it doesn't hurt when you run.. Have you tried hot compress in the area after you run? That may help..

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've been having a similar problem. A nagging ache (not pain) in my left foot...no injury either. Some days it doesn't bother me some days it does. Does anything seem to trigger or aggravate it for you?

7. Foxvolt

Foxvolt Guest

Same problem; dull ache in my right foot, and a very small amount of the lower leg. Had it popping in and out for about 6-8 months at a guess. Unlike the other person, I'm 17 and a gamer, no running more than a mile or so a day here. I can live with not going to a doctor over it, but any ideas are highly appreciated, as it is rather annoying.

Thanks,

~Fox

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've been having a dull pain just on the edge of the ball of my right foot, (not really in the arch) on and off, for a couple of months. I think I may know the cause, but thought I might be able to get some kind of similar answer before bothering my doctor (if I even need to). This past summer I wore almost every day a pair of Flip-Flops. I believe that wearing these types of shoes/sandals that do not have some kind of strap around your heel forces the muscles in the bottom of your feet to tighten in order to keep the shoe/sandal on - especially when walking up stairs. Does this sound logical to anyone else?