1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

foot pain when I stand after sitting

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am a 51 year old woman. I am healthy, not diabetic. For years, when I stand up after sitting (even for a short time) I can barely walk. Both my feet ache and I limp with pain for at least a minute until the pain begins to subside. There is no discoloration in my feet indicating poor circulation. I am overweight (about 50 lbs.),and realize this does not help. Someimes I feel as though my feet will not hold me up and I have to stand for 20 to 30 seconds before attempting to walk. Any idea what this could be?? Once I'm up and walking around, I am fine!
    I would appreciate any input,
    Thank you

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Your description lacks the specificity and clarity required for even a substantive guess without the ability to examine. Comments such as "I feel as though my feet will not hold me up" are subjective assessments which might mean something very clear to you but not necessarily to someone else. Although neither may apply to your case, a couple of common foot problems which feel worse when first walking after resting and often improve with use are osteoarthritis and plantar fasciitis. You have not mentioned seeing a podiatrist. I would suggest you do so.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you ever found an answer? Your description matches tha same w me.
    Thanks

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have plantar fasciitis. I had the same feeling of not trusting my own feet to hold me up and pain that would ease up after I had taken a few steps.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing I,m only 43, and it is just my right foot, I have an old injury on that foot since I was 14, but the pain just started, like that you described, a month and a half ago what could this be?