1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

strange hard blister

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by rshackleford, Jul 13, 2009.

1. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    i have strange, clear, hard blister on one of my smaller toes. it looked like a blister when it first appeard about a month ago. there is absolutely no pain associated with this. it is just there. it is about 1.5 times the size of a pencil eraser. it is clear and its almost like i can see through it. it is very hard. i wear boots all day and i have not tried to lance it yet. i am afraid of an infection.

any ideas what this is.

i am 30 years old.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

A REALLY good close up photo might be helpful. You can insert it into your post here.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did i mention it is on the top of my toe.

4. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

ok, i think i got the pictures figured out.

Attached Files:

5. Graham

Graham Guest

Looks like a cyst!

6. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

ok, so what does that mean?

7. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    I agree that it has the general appearance of a cutaneous cyst, possibly of reactive etiology and possibly gel filled. Have it seen by a podiatrist or a dermatologist for evaluation and care. Don't lance it yourself.

8. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

BTW, this happens to be on the straightest toe i have. all my other toes are awful. they are curled under. ugly ugly hammer toes. this happens to be my straight toe though.

i mostly wear steel toe boots to work. i work some in the office, some on my feet, some in the dry, and some in the wet. i have two pairs of boots and wear a different pair each day. they are loggers and have lost of toe room. in between i leave the boots on my trusty PEET boot drier. i wear tennis shoes on the weekend.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my husband has the EXACT same type of blister on the EXACT same toe. The foot doc didn't say what a subcutaneous cyst was....what is it? What should happen if it is lanced with steril utensils and prescription medication is placed on it and under steril bandages? But I cannot believe how exact your issue is to my husbands....

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you find out what the blister is? I have one on the same toe as you, weird?

11. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

I was told it was a ganglion cyst. The doctor froze it off and it stayed away for about three months. It has since returned. Every now and again it will pop. It doesn't bother me much. From time to time it is tender. I have thus far just lived with it.

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have 3, one on the same toe as yourself on both feet, and one on my big toe. They just appear one day.

I drew a circle around the one on my big toe, and it seems to have gotten bigger just beyond the circle. Weird how the body works. I will get it looked at

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My friend has one but she said it itches and the last time it happened her whole toe peeled. I am a nail technician and I guessed it was a ganglion cyst, but the itching confused me. Why would the toe be warm, not feverish and itch also bust then peel?

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thank you for posting this thread. I have the "exact" blister on the exact toe as well. The general consensus is that it is a cyst. Knowing that cysts don't really stay away, I will save myself a trip to the doctor. :) THANKS!