1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Small hole on bottom of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by liveinUS, Mar 11, 2009.

1. liveinUS

liveinUS Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a small hole on the bottom of my foot...somewhat in the arch of my foot. It's not an open wound, more like a crater about half the size of a BB. Inside the crater a hard core will form in a matter of a week or two. It is white-yellow in color. It doesn't cause me any pain but it starts to feel like something is stuck to the bottom of my foot, more annoying than anything. Once every two weeks I will dig out the core. I've had it so long I'm not sure when I got it or what might have caused it. It does hurt when I dig the core out but I have found that if I soak my foot beforehand it doesn't. It has never bled or opened up. Other than the bi-weekly ritual I haven't sought any form of treatment. I have always thought it was a corn but I don't experience a lot of pressure on this part of my foot. Any ideas?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i think it might be a wart, but i'm not a doctor nor have i seen the 'crater' so no way to know.
    you might want to ask your doctor. i used to get a wart on my hand like that and i did the same thing, until i dug too deep one day an it kinda popped off like a cap, and started bleeding everywhere. it hasn't come back though....
    if it is a wart, you are probably just scrapping off the surface of it and then it is growing back, a doctor could remove it for you (i've found the home kit doesn't work well for me).

3. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Although it could be a number of things, and certainly it should be checked out by a hands-on examination by a professional, from your description, a wart would not be my primary guess, as they are more likely to be painful on the plantar of the foot, somewhat less likely, in my experience, to present in the arch area and will frequently bleed if picked at or dug out as you describe. See a podiatrist or a dermatologist.

4. Randomer_Lady

Randomer_Lady New Member

i have a 'crater' 2 as you describe only mine is painful to walk on from time 2 time. i went 2 the doctors about it and was told it was a verruca... i was also told that the only treatment 4 this is to freeze it and have it removed if it gets 2 painful but then there is no guarantee that it wont come back :(

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem ! And, I dig the core out too. I went to a foot doctor, but he said he's never seen anything like it.

6. holey

holey Guest

I have one too! I've never had it checked out and its been there for around 8 years. I haven't really worried about it before. However, (a word of warning!) as time goes on, the hole gets bigger and bigger!? How can so many people have the same thing but not know what it is!

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi, I have this problem too! I have it on the bottom of my foot closer to my toes. I have dug it out and it just comes back. I have had it for about 2 years now i think. It is not painful at all, even when i dig around in it with a sharp object, almost no feeling at all. mine is not overly large. I am growing very curious about mine as well!

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi
    I had the same problem about a dozen of pinhole craters around a bigger one like a milimetre circumference had them for like about 6 to 8 months, I went down south and went a lot to the beach down there, hot sand and salty sea water, i was in Panama, I didn't pay attention to it while i was there since i was there for a month, but when i came back to Canada i noticed they were completely gone... so maybe the sea salt, maybe the sand??? don't know.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi, i am 24 and can remember having this same thing at around 15, on the base of my foot near the back and it is now about 5mm and about 2 years ago anouther has appeared on my toe on the same foot. my misses tells me to go to the doctors maybe i should listen lol.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a small hole in my foot I had it for awhile I can't remember when I got it? It had this black string stuff in but I dug it out no it just a hollow hole any ideas

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Oh my gosh it makes me feel a lot better knowing that I'm not the only person in the world with a hole in their foot. I used to have it too, when I was 11! It started out small, looking like a splinter or a blister under my skin, but then it started to get bigger, and soon it was this tiny crater in my foot about the size of the pad on my pinkie finger. This weird yellow-white tough skin was in the center of it, and whenever I touched it or walked, it felt like a rock was inside my foot and was sticking out a bit. Weird dirt started to get trapped inside the skin, and I kept trying to dig out the dirt with tweezers... I was getting pretty scared and I hadn't told anyone about it yet. I researched it, and found something that looked like it called a "diabetes foot infection." I got really scared and kept trying to clean out the core. I tugged on the white-yellow skin with my fingernails, and all of the sudden, all of the skin ripped off and came out! All of the sudden, all that was left was a tiny pink crater... In a couple days, it healed and the skin closed up. Now, my foot is fine and it looks like nothing ever hapened to it... I should've taken a picture... Weird...

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I as well have pin holes in the bottom of each foot. They're especially prominant after the shower or swimming or any other foot-wetting activities. It looks like a white dot with a tinsey pin prick inside. Nothing hard or dig outable, no pain, just slightly stinky but the smell may very well be my old shoes :) I walked barefoot in the carribean and now im told (not by a medical professional, just a knowladgeable firend) that parasites are a likely cause! Hope not! My foot dr said she didn't think it was athletes foot. I will post pictures if someone can tell me how....

13. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It most likely pitted keratolysis

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

They are warts... I had them too. I had outward warts on my hands, and inward warts on the bottom of my feet... I went to a homeopathic doctor and they were ALL GONE within 3 weeks. It was amazing. I took dulcamara. They've never come back.

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have one as well as was told that it was a wart, however they did 5 weeks (2x per week) of freezing it and it did nothing. I've had it for about 2 years and theres actually a second hole right next to it now that i didnt realize until this morning.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

it could also be foot ulcers.. that what my bf has. im not sure how to fix them yet thou..

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I found out that the 4 on my foot is actually corn. It's a deep callous on the foot. I hope this helps! I thought that it was warts too but a friend actually bought me this corn treatment thing so I think it's healing now.

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

That sounds like corn. And I think the smell is probably your shoes!

19. TheFernLadenForest

TheFernLadenForest New Member

I Get these Every now and then, and My Dr. Always Told me they are Planters Warts. Mine usually go away With Peroxide Soaks A Couple Times a day :D

20. I have this weird jol on my foot too. It's really small. The skin around it is really tough. It doesnt look like there's anything in the hole. I've had it forever and it doesnt look like a wart. Any ideas?