1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Lump on the inner side of right foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    hi,

some time back i have observe a lump on the inner side of right foot. some time when i stand for long hours. it will start to feel pain around.is this normal? and some time when i wake up early in the morning, i will feel pain on the right foot, some time is pain until i cant walk, and deep heat and counter pain does not work. only ice pack work for it... wat cause it

thanks

2. Smokey

Smokey Guest

Where on the inside of your foot -- near the heel, below the ankle, in the arch, near the toes? Hard lump, soft lump?

3. Podwoman

Podwoman New Member

This could be any one of several conditions, it is impossible to say with so little detail.

When did it appear, after exercise, after getting out of bed in the morning? Did you drop anything on the foot or knock it?

More information will get you a better answer.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Might be an idea to take a photo and post it on Flickr or something similar. Picture tells a thousand words.
    Obviously as well as aswering the questions already asked

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem. The lump on my foot is just under the ankle bone on the inside of my right foot (I'm an English Major, sorry). It's soft and it bulges a lot when I put pressure on my foot. I noticed it a few months ago and I figured since it wasn't hurting it was fine. Now it hurts... a lot. I have no clue when it showed up.

I have flat feet and had to have custom made orthotics last June. I had to do physical therapy on the same ankle for tendinitis.

I don't know if any of that helps, but I figured it wouldn't hurt

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a lump on the in side of my right foot. Below the ankle and in front of the heal. The lump is hard and is somewhat in the arch of my foot, but not on the bottom - on the side. I run alot and play alot of sports, and it does not cause alot of pain unless touched. I am worried that it will grow and get worse as I work out more. (I am training for a marathon).

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it, or what could be causing it?

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem. Small lump on inner right foot under ankle bone just where the skin starts to go under the heel. I too was running. Had just started so i thought it was from that. But since then i have stopped running and it is worse. Burning pain and when I stand for long periods it really hurts.
    It has been a few weeks now maybe 7-8 weeks since I ran. I dont know what it could be either. Only thing I thought it may be is a torn tendon? Not sure but if it keeps on burning I will have to see a dr. If you find out what it might be let me know!

thanks
    Joy

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a question for you guys that posted here? Are you female or male? The reason I ask is because I am female and I have the same re-occurring issue, but for me it's 2 small lumps (soft) and they come and go, seem to change feet left one month, right the next. I don't know a lot about Foot Reflexology but I do know a little, and I know that area is related to female sex organs, ovaries & uterus. I personally have noticed that when my lumps on my feet seem to flare up and cause me shooting pains, it seems to be mostly at the same time I'm ovulating or on my period. I can't seem to find anyone who can give me a conclusive answer if this is indeed related, but I'm just putting it out there to see if any of you have noticed the same thing(s). It's really strange to me and I just hope nothing is really wrong. I'm hoping it's just a pinched nerve, but since it switches feet it's got me perplexed!

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing, a small soft bump on the inner part of my right foot. I was told it was a cyst. They can be painful, especially if a lot of stress is put on them such as standing for long periods of time or running. The two bumps could also be a cyst. One cyst can show in multiple bumps but deeper under the skin the multiple bumps connect. As for why it hurts when getting up in the morning I'm not sure, I have the same problem but still no answer.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same issue right under my ankle and above the arch. It is hard, almost like a bone. I hope this helps!

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This is the same thing I have, I am a student athlete I run the track team I'm in the middle of season, rested for 2days did ultrasound and ice and I don't know what to do anymore but I'm scared to run because I've had foot problems before. Anyone knows what it may be ?

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Wow. I can't believe there are so many others out there with the same problem. When I first saw this lump below the ankle on the inside of my right foot, I immediately tried to figure out what caused it. I like many of you have flat feet and was wearing expensive chacos recommended by my ortho doctor which I felt caused this problem. I have no arches but my feet are so wide that the formed curvy arches in the shoes hurt my wide feet so bad. Anyhow, I've stopped wearing them but now my left foot hurts too with the same lump below the ankle on the inside. I am a female and I don't run.

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing going on I've looked everywhere trying to find an answer. For a while it only hurt if I turned to close to that area of the foot while walking but now it just hurts to walk period! I think I upset it by puncturing it with a thumb tack and made it bigger is why, it's located below my ankle bone on the side of my heel pad. I don't have any money to go to the doctor sadly :( but I wonder what it is? I'm thinking of lacerating it tonight I'm gonna soak for a while get the skin softer and then slice it open. To bad I don't have any pain killer this is gonna be fun but its driving me so crazy!

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

do not lance it. I had an experience trying to lance a cyst and I immediately got blood poisoning and had 2 surgeries and visited a doctor each and every day for 6 weeks. Go to doctor

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have sorta a similar problem... I was ice skating earlier wen I got a pain in lower part of foot above the arch n below the ankle... idk if it was the ice skating that did it but I took my skate off n there was a big bump there... it is very tender at touch. It hurts wen I put my sock on. Any ideas? Thank you.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This thread is a bit old, but I dunno if it's got sorted yet. I ended up here while trying to Google the little bump(s) I get near my heel, under ankle, inside of the foot. They're more prominent if I add pressure to the bottom of my foot (either standing or otherwise), and if I'm on my feet for a longer while they get tender or a bit sore. Had them for years.

Anyhow. I don't know if this is anything like any of yours, but I found a name for my bumps: piezogenic papules. They're basically calcified fat that poke out (gross). Google that for pics/more info.

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

I run a lot ( 20+ miles a week for 20 years ) and just recently I have developed a softish lump on the inside of my foot around the toes. It feels like a pad and though not very painful it is hurting a little. Any ideas as to what I should do....?

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

THANK YOU!!! Have googled this numerous times, and didn't find anything exactly like my feet. Knew it wasn't the other conditions but never found piezogenic papules in my searches until you suggested searching it. That's it exactly!!!

19. Unknown

Unknown Guest

If you were not wearing socks, its a blister. If you were, Im not sure. Im a semi-pro hockey player and I always wear socks now and I dont get the blisters any more

20. Kel

Kel Guest

My daughter is suffering from similar and we are currently undergoing diagnosis. I would suggest having X-ray, MRI, or ultrasound to rule out accessory navicular or navicular fracture. Accessory navicular is a common occurrence in females and stress fracture is common injury particularly in burst sports such as sprinting, hurdles or jumping. Good luck!!