1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Impact Injury To Top Of Foot But No Swelling Or Even Bruising

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by richiead89, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Disclaimer: no medical experience whatsoever:D

I was playing soccer on a small injury and a girl went and jammed her entire cleat exactly on my left foot where my injury had been. ]:
    I've had almost the exact same symptoms as all of you guys, and I asked two doctors and both of them said it was a contusion most likely. Treatment is R. I. C. E.(rest, ice, compression, elevation).

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have the same problem for about 10 weeks now i have not had an xray done but i am using voltaren gel just before my game and it seems to help i was told by a doctor that it could be soft tissue or ligament problem

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

About 2 months ago I fell down some cement stairs and somehow landed with my left foot behind me and the top of my foot hit the corner of the stair. I immediately felt numb and tingly on my whole foot. I iced it and it swelled a little and went away. Then it started hurting when I walked, or curled my toes, or pulled my foot upward. I went and had it examed and and xray done. No broken bones.... told me it was probably sprained or the tenden was bruised. It still hurts every day when I walk, or move it for that matter... just on the top of my foot.

4. DevonBlake

DevonBlake New Member

Well, I feel sorry for you! I just posted this above:

"Hello all,

I have been reading this site every night since my cheilectomy three weeks ago tonight to correct Hallux Limitus on my left great toe. Arthritis was found during surgery. The boot came off last week, stitches were removed, and I was told to start using the toe and walking in sneakers. I have PT twice a week, and the toe will move up about an inch and is starting to move downward. Pain was gone except after hard PT sessions--then it was just sore! I could walk pretty well even, but naturally not as easily as before.

I always wore high heels--like so many who have this procedure--and I have been off balance for four months waiting for the surgery and recovery. Tonight proved to be the real catastrophe from the flat shoes. I misjudged the distance to the top step and tumbled halfway down the stairs and landed on my BAD FOOT. I started shrieking like the DOGS of Hell were after me, and my husband ran up to check on me. He helped me back to my recliner and elevated my foot and brought me ice. But the PAIN IS BACK! But this time it's on the bottom of the foot and under the OTHER toes---not the big toe."

I CAN tell you that after my foot problems started, the first time I went to the foot surgeon my XRAYS were CLEAN--I asked for a CT scan and he said NO...

One month later he didn't need the CT SCAN since the bump had started popping up in full view on top of my 1st MPJ (big toe join at the foot). Surgery three days later.

If you suspect something is still wrong, DEMAND a CT scan--it will show the injury, if true damage ensued. If I am still in pain tomorrow (and mine is only on weight bearing, too--this is called a FUNCTIONAL injury or problem--but it still needs correction), I will call the doctor and get a CT scan or XRAY.

Good luck to you---
    Devon

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I dropped the side panel of my computer across my toes (more like between my middle joint and where my toes meet my foot). My toes have been tingling for the past 3 days after the incident. I have very bad bruising on my three middle toes. the one closest to the small toe has a bright red bruise. They crack and pop if I move them and are very sore. More like a dull ache. Should I be concerned with this? Should I go to the doctor? I guess I should mention my computer side panel weighs about 3lbs or so. It's a gaming computer so it is very large.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So i was kicking a large tennis ball with my dogs... I had on Vibrim Five Fingers and was standing on a large paver... pulled my leg back to kick the ball and kicked the rather HARD large paver....no swelling or bruising ... just sore... numb kinda too... toes move... just wanted to throw my stupid story out... :) thanks

7. lloyd zerna

lloyd zerna New Member

You should consider an X-ray. Maybe the bone is fractured or a vein is twisted or something like that.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

HELP! I kicked the bottom of someone's football boots with full force and injured the top of my foot. The pain was immediate and very painful. It didn't noticeably swell or bruise but I couldn't walk on it for the first couple of days and couldn't walk on it without limping for a good week or more. After a week I had it xrayed convinced I had broken a metatarsal but the nurse said there was no sign of fracture. I have rested it for ages but it still hurts if i push down on my big toe just above the ball of my foot and the pain is also noticeable where it joins onto ankle, I often keep finding that the ball of my foot and heel are uncomfortable sometimes when walking. I am desperate to know what to do, can anyone help. mark

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Yesterday I took a shot in soccer, tripped over a guy and hit my foot on the bar in the back of the net. No swelling or bruising, but hurt like hell when I went on a run this mourning.

HELP!!!

10. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Top of foot pain

I accidentally kicked a wooden bench in my house before christmas. It hurt but I kept going. Totally forgot about it. Started having severe pain from 2nd toe all the way to where my foot joins my leg in he middle of the night. I finally looked at it and I had a bruise and scratch. Now it has hurt on and off since them and having a lot of tingling in the bottom of my foot. Any suggestions? I work on my feet all day.

11. ray3888

ray3888 Guest

about 4 weeks ago i was playing soccer and i guy stepped on my foot as i dribbled past and wanted to make my ran i went down and continued to the game normally.. but once i got home i couldnt sleep from pain i went to hospital for an xray it showed nothing no swelling or even a bruise mark. the first week i couldnt walk on my foot but now i can but when i twist my left foot to the left side it kills and i can run fine but cant have a shot at goal because it too painful..any clues?

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Stop kicking things. :)

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: Impact Injury To Top Of Foot And Swelling With Bruising

I was playing soccer and went after the ball at the same time as a teammate of mine. We were both wearing cleats and she stomped on my foot accidentally, it has hurt for three days now and I'm not sure what I should do. It's my kicking foot and it hurts really bad to even walk on. Thoughts?

14. Soccerplayer

Soccerplayer Guest

Check out turf toe.... happened to me while kicking soccer ball once again it has happened

15. Timmy

Timmy Guest

I had same problem after getting kicked at a soccer game.....ever since that kick i started getting pain on top of my foot only when i would kick the ball....i went 8 months till it started feeling better with miner pain when kicking the soccer ball.....and 1 year to no longer have pain

16. lol i got the same problem by kicking a kid.

17. Manumalo

Manumalo Guest

i have got a similar case while playing footy earlier today I went for a shot on the volley with what I can guess is about 80-90% of my power and this loof stuck out his boot studs and all into the top of my boot. I immediately knew I was gona feel pain for a couple days, it is now the evening and I can barely put any pressure on it or walk at all. When I lie down I'm fine it effected the bottom of my foot which if I'm guessing right could mean ligament damage I pray not as I have a crucial game in a few days in a top side and it will be my first match for them and this happens. Bad timing

18. Ness

Ness Guest

Heyo recently...or today I kicked a iron laptop cart very hard by accident and it hurts when I touch it, walk, or stand up. When I do stand I feel some weird pain or feeling in my foot and up to my gluteus maximus. Even resting my foot in a certain way it still has that werid pain feeling. What do I do?

19. I have the same problem but this has been going on for about 3-5 months was faint pain in the first 2 months and got worst. I roll my ankle almost everyday which makes it worst in my opinion. Today somebody thought it would be funny to kicked me and hard as they could in my weak ankle in the weak spot and still hurts. but theres no swelling or bruising. should i get it check out?