1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Navicular fracture...7 wks, still in cast?!?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by BionicWoman, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BionicWoman

BionicWoman New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, I have been in a cast for seven wks and counting for a Navicular fracture. Apparently non displaced, but CT said something like lucency of bone. The bone broke into pieces. I have not been very informed and have not even seen my X-rays...gotta love military medicine sometimes. I a, grateful to have it, but the downside is that being seen in a huge hospital I fell like just a number to them.
    Anyway, enough of my ranting... :) My question is: after 7 wks, in a non weight bearing cast and sitting on my bottom the whole time (really wanted this to heal fast) shouldn't it be better by now and why is my foot turning purple and scaly and hurting worse than before?
    I attached a pic of what my foot looks like...it almost looks like it is dying.
    Thank you for any responses.

Attached Files:

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I think everyone is different but in my case the cast was too tight and restricting blood flow which caused my toes to turn purple. I would go to the doctor and ask him for a new cast!