1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Help! Major pain and swelling in left side of right big toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Maureen, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Maureen

Maureen Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello ... just wanted to ask if there are any answers for severe pain in left side of right big toe. About a month ago, I had a stabbing pain in my right big toe one night while lying in bed. It was so severe that I through the covers off and had to grab my toe and rub it as the paion was shocking. Ever since, I have slight swelling in the side of my right foot and it's really sore to walk on. I have been walking on the outer part of my right foot for quite a while now and the pain is getting worse. Woke up ion the early AM hours this morning with throbbing in my right foot and had to limp to the kitchen to take some ibuprofen. Got up just now and as soon as I lower my leg out of bed, the toe and right sight of big toe throbs with pain as I straigten my leg to get out of bed. Sitting here typing and it's still throbbing. Been dealing with this issue for over a month off and on (more on than off these days) and would like some advice as to what this could possibly be. Do I see my primary care doc or a foot doc. Any guesses as to why I am having this terrible pain? No major falls to report.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

could be gout see your doctor

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have it also same exact spot on the side of big toe... Makes my big toe look like a chunk! It's a bunnion ace wrap it and see if it feels better don't wrap too tight though!

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Are you aware that the questioner to whom you are offering advice posted her question 10 months ago?

5. bigjim

bigjim Guest

Reguardless, the answer may be serched by other's and find it useful...the wonders of the internet. (Prime Example....ME)