1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

big toe base joint hurts

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    While playing football i wanted too shoot but the defensive player shot the ball away and instead of shooting the ball, i shot the side of his foot really hard. he's fine, but my big toe really hurts at the joint that "connects" my toe to my foot. it hurts when i push the side of my toe (at the joint) and when i push my toe inwards. first it also hurted a lot when pushing it up, down or to the outside, but those pains have diminished over a week. However i cant fully bend my toe whitout pain when walking. when i play football i feel a fierce pain whenever i shoot the ball because it gives a big push to the joint, the pain goes away after a few minutes, but a distant continuous pain stays. i dont know what it is, i found turf toe but it seems that that means that the muscle under my toe is injured, but i only feel pain when pushing the side of the joint.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi there,

I came across this post googling an injury and stumbled upon your post and can I just say I have EXACTLY the same problem that I suffered playing football and it is so difficult to explain to doctors/physiotherapists about the injury.

Did you ever find out what the injury was? Or how to heal the injury ? If I find out anything about the injury I will put it up on this thread as I have been struggling to find anything similar to the injury I have till I found your message.

Hope the foots feeling better!

Ross.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the exact same injury on both my left and right big toes from playing football (soccer), I have tried resting them for up to 3 weeks and when it seems to be gone I kick a football again and it immediately returns.... I can walk without pain but bending the toes back (the un-natural way) causes a sharp aching pain. I looked up Turf Toe but it seems that is a more technical injury that causes pain to toes that move in any direction, where as mine tends to be when bending them backwards.

Rest, massaging, ice, heat or otherwise don't seem to work. Any help or advice would be awesome.

Regards,

A footballer in pain :(

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I wanted to post after googling my injury. It has been over 4 months. The pain is sitll there. Its a pain that comes when i push my big toe up.

It hurts in the begining of the games but once you are warmed up you don't notice it much...

I still rather not have this pain though... I am considering going to doctor for MRI or something..

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have a very similar problem its been going on for months. sometimes it feels like its getting better and other times its just a dull constant pain. i 've tried resting it heat ice stretching any thing you could think of but nothing works

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It is most likely Hallux (big toe) Limitus or Turf Toe - google either of those and you will get the full explanation

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same problem here. Perhaps the toe joint has stress fractures from overuse or a fracture from direct trauma. Regardless, go see a doctor and podiatrist.