1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot Pain Post Surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by salsadancer, Apr 26, 2012.

1. salsadancer

salsadancer New Member

Had mid-foot fusion one year ago with assurance from podiatric surgeon that I would be able to return pain-free to activities of dancing and running. Had great recovery, following doc's orders to a "T". About a month after getting go-ahead to resume activities (I started salsa dancing but have yet to run), had to have cortisone injection in lateral mid foot because, according to doc, the foot was having to adjust to moving differently. Three cortisone injections and a year later, I am in worse pain than I was prior to surgery! Iced EVERY night after dancing. CAT scan last week showed nothing remarkable so he has me applying a compounded cream from a pharmacy that includes anti-inflam, muscle relaxant, anesthesia, neuropathic pain reducer and anti-spasm. He says try this before we discuss "more drastic measures". Not having insurance, I didn't even want to know what that meant. Meanwhile, I booted back up and am not dancing or doing much of anything. I am very discouraged. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I would be very grateful!