1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Saddle bone surgery 3 months ago

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had surgery to correct my saddle bone deformity 3 months ago. The surgery went well and I've had about 4 post-op appointments and my surgeon said everything was healing properly and it looked good. My concern is that I still have quite a big bump on the top of my foot. I thought maybe it was swelling, but it hasn't gone down at all. It actually feels pretty hard. It causes me pain when I try to wear my tennis shoes. My puppy accidentally steps on it sometimes and that really causes a lot of pain! It also aches a lot too. I have no idea if this is normal, but I didn't think I would have a big bump on my foot still. It's actually bigger than the bump that the saddle bone deformity caused! If anyone has any insight about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Laura

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Why are you not getting an explanation from your surgeon regarding this obvious discrepency from what you say you have been told? It is not rocket science to understand that surgery to remove a bump which has resulted in a bigger bump which is not simply swelling should not been termed successful. I can do no more than offer a guess, but often, a saddle bone deformity is concomitant with a synovial or ganglionic cyst which generally feels rather hard. Perhaps, if one were present, it was not taken care of.

3. Janet Vodder

Janet Vodder Guest

I had surgery to correct my limp due to my arch caving in. The surgeon said he could take off the bump on top also. That was 6 years ago & now it’s bigger than ever.
    I’m going to go to a different foot dr. Hoping for better results.