1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

callous like bump on bottom of heel....PAINFUL

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a callous like bump on the bottom of my heel. it almost looks like a large blister yet it seems to be harder than that. its extremely paimful even when at rest. can anyone give me a clue as to what it may be and what to do?

2. DocD

DocD New Member

Unfortunately without an actual visual exam, there is no possible way to provide you with an "internet" diagnosis. There are a plethora of diagnoses that can fit the description you mentioned, from a simple blister or callus to a plantar verrucae (wart). My recommendation would be to NOT attempt any home treatment, but to seek the professional opinion of a podiatrist or dermatologist for a definitive diagnosis.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you ever figure out what the bump was? How did you treat it?

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I would think it rather unlikely that someone who posted once 5 months ago would be checking back and be available to answer your question?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I too have this bump, would really like to know what it is. If there is a type of home remedy or anything I can do to at least prevent the pain :/

It's on the bottom of the heel of my foot, about the size of a nickle, and white(ish) gray like a callus, but is soft and very painful. Not much else I can say about it, i know it isn't much, but I'd appreciate any help!

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

haglund deformity

7. Podwoman

Podwoman New Member

A Haglund deformity, heel bump or "pump bump" is found at the back of the heel near to where the Achillies tendon inserts. It is not found under the heel.

regards

Podwoman

8. Footman

Footman Guest

I remember when I was 6 years old my parents brought me to the doctors about these bumps on both my heals, they range from 1/4 to 1" inch in size they really never bothered me until now at the age of 50 I spent 5 days in Disney walking with pretty good sneakers until the second day I was in pain!! I have these bumps which I knew I had but the pain as I grew older they grew intense. When wearing no shoes as I walk you can see these bumps I would say approx 10 on each of the heal they are skin color to white to red when I’m in pain! Granted I'm 30 lbs over weight but that has no bearing on the bumps. After 6 days in Disney I couldn’t even place a sheet over my heals because they hurt so bad.

Until this day I do not know what they are or how to fix it. I don't think there is a quick fix for these bumps. All's I know I had them since I was 6 and they are killing me now at 50. If anyone would like a picture of the bumps to see if they are the same as you please request them. Victorfranco1007@yahoo.com. they are not gross no one notice them but they hurt, if anyone experience the same feeling maybe we can fine some comfort
    Thank You!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

for the callous the doctor prescribed epsom salt with hot water and it relieves the pain when i go to school i use this material that is like the sofa kind and put it in my sock to relieve all the weight ps to relieve more pain use half size shoe bigger and a brand name sas ugly shoes for a teenager but better soon im might get mine removed with surgery good luck hope i helped

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

These are piezogenic pedal papules . Mostly caused by trauma to the heel through exercise, standing for long periods of time and being overweight. Mine are from walking barefoot on cement floors for years as a swimming coach.

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a small bump on the heel of my foot. It's been there almost a month. It hurts if I touch it or when I'm walking & something hits it. I would like to know what it might it be. I don't really want to go to the doctor if it's nothing.