1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Splitting between toes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by veverka, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I also suffer from the skin between my toes splitting. It has been happening for as long as I can remember. It is split right now. That is why I am on this page. For me, it happens on both feet, usually between the small toe and the ring (if 'ring' follows the same as fingers). Mostly happens to me after a bath. Any tips?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I use liquid bandaid. It stings like a mother, but once that quits it is great relief. Also heals it FAST. Not sure what this is, could it be yeast? Since I cut out certain things in my diet, I have noticed cracks in between toes are a lot less often.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I use arm and hammer foot lotion (in a blue tube) in the foot section at walmart. Slather it on then put clean cotton socks over night. Or you could use coconut oil, same process. unrefined, organic coconut oil in anti bacterial as well.

4. JerpaDerpa

JerpaDerpa Guest

Well, if you wear anything that makes your feet sweat more, it may five you athletes foot, this is the main cause of this splitting in most people. I have a disability and have to wear splints 24/7 for a few months, these are big plastic socks and they make my feet sweat alot, this has made !me develop athletes foot and my toe also has been splitting alot in the middle :/

5. justhinkin

justhinkin Guest

Re cracking & bleeding etc between 4th and 5th toes: After years of trying everything else (OTC, prescrip, & home remedies) THE ONE thing that works for me is simplest and easiest and cheapest. I take a square of paper towel 1"x1" and lightly coat it (rub a bit into it) with petroleum jelly. Fold it in half and place it between those toes (make sure it nestles into the joint area).. Change daily.. After a short time, and ever since, the skin there is as smooth and healthy as a new baby's bottom! Hope it works for you. Too bad I can't sell it. Once healed one can probably get by with doing this only occasionally, on a regular basis.

6. Kitten

Kitten Guest

So over the years if I even bend my pinky toe a tiny bit to far the skin between my toes rips open. It has been this way for a while (since 2010 ivthink) I use lotion and I keep it clean and well taken care of. But last night it my bf gave me a foot rub and pulled it a little to far and it riped. Why does it do this?!?!

7. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

8. Mariai

Mariai Guest

apply tea tree oil, my dad had a similar with his feet cracked in between the toes.

9. I looked through this thread and saved it because it has had a wealth of information that luckily helped my brother. I am still in pain through. Some of my toes are abnormally close and I get rifts in them, where the normal skin fades to white, and when the toes are spread the white area splits to show the lower layer of skin without causing bleeding. I'm visiting the doctor soon, but if this is something the "internet" knows about beforehand I'm welcome to spoilers. Its possible this is a fungus, but I've used an alternate sites' advice and bathed (painfully) the wound/rift in rubbing alcohol and neosporin (if spelled right) during the night. Overall, it seems a little complex, and while I don't expect anything, I hope some advice can be given and some others can be helped by my public question.

Thanks, mah dudes