1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

discolored toes after corn removal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by unregistered, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am going to buy the products tomorrow and try it out. I've been suffering from this for two years now and I am willing to try anything. I was thinking about surgery but I don't want it to get that far. Wish me luck!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Yes it is still working for me. Please note this is not a quick fix, but you have to be consistent. I stopped applying it for a couple of days because I got really busy, so I started again. I can see a huge difference.

P.S. I bought the aloe vera gel in GNC. It was less than $2. During the stay I started using just the aloe vera gel instead of the petroleum jelly.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So I tried this out last night. I made sure I soaked my feet and then put Palmer's cocoa butter on. Then I put the mixture on the cotton ball and placed it on the corns. Afterwards I put a bandaid on so it would stay in place. I took it off this morning and I notice a difference. It wasn't so white in color and started to get darker. I am definitely going to keep this as my nightly routine until it is gone!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Can someone please keep me updated I've tried this multiple times & failed

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

What exactly is your daily routine? There maybe something missing in your routine or you could be doing something wrong.

6. robertharris750

robertharris750 New Member

Wear socks to protect and cushion corns on your feet, Apply a moisturizing lotion to the skin . It may have many causes I think you should take help from a dermatologist

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I simply mixed the aloe ver gel & potato together & it formed the liquid. Secured it tightly with a cotton ball and tape. After a few days it seemed to work but it would rub off eventually.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I would first exfoliate to take off any dead skin and to smooth it down. I use st. ives apricot scrub but you can use any kind of exfoliator. Then I would suggest to apply cocoa butter on the corn to moisturize it and help with the discoloration. Then I would suggest applying the mixture after those steps. I know it is a pain to do all that but when you get the results the steps will be well worth it.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So did your toes change back to it's original color? Yes it's a pain but at this point all I have is patience.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It is not a 100% yet. I figure it is going to be a while until it gets to a 100% or close to it. The white spots are getting darker by the day but it is a slow process. In the beginning my white spot was super big and very noticeable but now its fading and getting smaller. I would suggest during the day to apply cocoa butter and cover it with a band-aid.

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I read somewhere that you can use fade cream with hydroquinone in it. Hope it works! GOD Bless!!

12. msrday

msrday Guest

I also have a caramel complexion and this is working for me. I have been doing this for 7 days now and a couple of my toes are significantly darker and closer to my normal skintone, while the one that is not, I have adjusted the cotton ball to be directly over the spot now. If it slides or moves and the solution is not on the spot, clearly it won't work. I use medical tape to keep it in place and that works fine, I think its a bit cheaper (and more effective) than using bandaids every night, but to each his own!

Good luck, I'm going to continue with this system. I truly believe it works. And even if I damage my feet again wearing whatever shoe, at least I know something that works temporarily.

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Any updates? Please let me know if you have to continue this process after your color returned.
    Thanks

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you get permeant results? I gave up

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hello I have caramel complexion and has been looking for something to correct the discoloration on both of my pinky toes. As I was looking online yesterday I came across this site with a lot of people who have had the same issue and wanted a solution. A few stated it worked for them and gave step by step instructions. Thank you for the people who came up with "The Potato and aloe vera gel method" for restoring the color back into your toes after being discolored from corn removals. I'm trying it now. (Day 2) & will give updates. I notice a difference in my pinky toes this morning. The color is a little darker than my actual skin color, but as I understood it, the color will change and blend with my actual skin color. I only do the method at night but continue to keep it moisturized throughout the day.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

I tried the aloe vera and potato mixture and it slightly worked for a bit but the discoloured pigmented skin always grew back.....FRUSTRATING. Now when wearing sandals I use liquid foundation that I wear on my face to cover my pinky toes and it looks a lot better and I'm not self-conscious about my feet when in public.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

What happen if you take a shower will the color still be there

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Iiiiiii thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. Very entertaining and informative. Thank you! Will try!

19. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had the same problem, what I read online was to use a cream with salicylic acid which restores the natural color back to your feet, it was on the livestrong page. Search, how to remove corns and bring skin color back if this link doesn't appear.

livestrong.com/article/276359-how-to-remove-corns-bring-skin-color-back/

I bought Kerasal foot ointment which contains salicylic acid and urea for $8 at Walgreens and it appears to be working and I just started using it!

20. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thank you so much guys, I have started ystday with the potatoe juice en aloe vera gel mix , it is doing wonders the white spots on my toes are getting darker already n I can see its gonna fade as I patiently keep applying the mix at night. My years of shame en stress are slowly going to n end. Im happy . A big thank u.