1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

bump and bruise in ball of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by krista, Jun 21, 2008.

1. krista

krista Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    About a week ago I woke up one morning and could barely walk because of pain in the ball of my foot. Specifically in one spot it was very tender and hurt to the slightest touch, and there is a faint bruise and a little bump there but no noticable swelling. Its about an inch down from the base of my toes, kinda between the 3rd and 4th toes. I had this happen almost exactly a year ago and thought it might be a stress fracture from wearing sandals when it starts getting hot outside. It went away on it's own after a couple weeks last time and hasnt bothered me at all until now even though I run all the time. It hurts worse in the morning and usually goes away after a few hours, and when it doesnt hurt I can walk, run, and press on it as hard as I want and not feel a thing. Any ideas?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

for the information given i would say check your 'summer' footwear and throw out any thin/hard soled shoes. as it sounds footwear induced.

3. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I am presently experiencing something similar, but there is no noticeable bruise. The soreness appears to be under the skin. When I look closely, I see a dark area just under the skin. It feels like I got stuck with a nail, but there is no puncture. The pain is worse on mornings as you say. I feel it more when my feet are flat, and i don't feel anything when I were heels.

4. LIz

LIz Guest

just read recent entries. I had the same thing happen after wearing heels one evening. Suddenly the right corner of the ball of my left foot was in severe pain. It's been 6 weeks. Still painful when I step on it though not as sore to the touch. Where do we go for help?

5. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

If you have a foot problem, I would think you would want to see a podiatrist.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

have similar problem my doc says its "metertarsalgia" an since i dont have becksys cash just gonna have to suffer.......was told around 8 weeks to heal !!!

7. Podwoman

Podwoman New Member

"Metatarsalgia" is a term that can cover a number of conditions. You need to see a podiatrist to find the specific cause and the appropriate treatment.

regards

Podwoman

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I know this thread is old, but in case someone stumbles on it, it sounds exactly like a morton's neuroma. Look that up. Those need to be fixed, and a podiatrist or orthopedic seen asap.