1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sore, itchy, warm and red bump on foot. Help! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by NameIsAnn, Sep 17, 2011.

1. NameIsAnn

NameIsAnn Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi for the past week I've been getting these weird bumps (only one at a time). The first one I had was on the sole of my left foot (side of big toe) at the base of the ball. It itched so much! It was raised like a little marble, warm to the touch and painful/uncomfortable when pressed upon. I got it in the evening Monday and it was gone by Tuesday night.

Then Wednesday evening I got another one in the same spot but on my right foot. Crazy right? It was gone by Thursday morning (tried really hard not to itch it).

Now this afternoon I got another one of these weird things but it is on the back part of my left foot's arch and expands up onto the side. Same deal as before but much bigger. It hurts more than the other ones, especially when I walk flat foot but if I walk on the ball of my foot do the arch doesn't press on the ground it is completely gone. I have a feeling it will be gone by tomorrow too. Any ideas?

I have a newer lotion but I use that on my arms and stuff and I don't seem to have any problems there. The only thing I can think of is I got a new pair of heels that I've worn a couple times (no longer than a half hour) to stretch out the toe. Do you think there is something funky on the insert of that shoe?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing, it comes in goes every few months and lasts for about a week. Have you found out what it us? I've found that placing feet in ice water or raising feet will reduce pain and or reverse bumps.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have been getting these as well for the past few years. It seems to only occur in the summer months and is such a huge pain. Have you found anything out?

4. robertharris750

robertharris750 New Member

These type of bump and itchiness happens due to some infections. There are many viruses like human papilloma virus (HPV) which comes directly in the contact of foot. It also might be plantar wart Keep your foot dry and try natural oinments etc other treatments are laser therapy, cryotherapy (freezing), acid treatments