1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Throbbing, Burning Feet .. HELP !

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My feet THROB and BURN to the point it keeps me awake at night, moving them around to find coolness in the sheets. it is equally bad in the daytime as well, however I try and keep my mind off it. I am not over weight, no illness at all, in fact other then this I am perfectly healthy 54 year old woman who does not stand or walk for long periods of time.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Though it would CERTAINLY be nice to be able to provide you with the help you request, it is beyond reasonable expectations to think that any meaningful conclusions might be drawn here from the facts offered and without benefit of a history or physical examination. Forums such as this ARE NOT and CAN NOT be replacements for traditional medical evaluation. But it DOES sound bad enough to warrant a visit to a doctor for at least a diagnosis, don't ya think? Then, I would be most happy to discuss it with you.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you find anything out ?!? I have the same issues as you ~ I have had tons of different test ~ they only confirmed that I had small nerve damage however they dont know why or whats causing it ~ they just want me to take meds to cover up the pain ~
    The med that worked the best they took me off of because my pulse went to high :(
    Did you happen to find anything out? I am 42 and have been in discomfort/pain for about 6 -9 months ~ I too am pretty healthy otherwise also~

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Some of the considerations of this symptomology would be to rule out:Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy secondary to malignancies or medication,Spinal stenosis or spinal disc disease, Causalgia, erythromyalgia and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Certainly your circulation should be checked( both venous and arterial). X-rays of both extremites may give a hint also. Lately small nerve fiber loss is being simply diagnosed with a small punch biopsy. A blood test to rule out polycythemia etc. would be helpful. Malabsorbtion syndrome causing a decrease in B vitamins should be consideredas well as Pernicious anemia. As you can see these are not quick symptom diagnois complexes. Certainly gabapentin & similar meds may be helpful for symptomatic relief. Topical creams with arginine("Neuro-eze") or Homeopathic "Neuragen PN" are non prescription meds(at least in the US). Lastly, are you a smoker? I'd have your Dr. auscultate your abdomen to rule out aortic disease (unlikely, but) Best of luck and keep us aprised as we may also learn. Robert Bijak, DPM, DABPS

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Addendum to my Post. I want to be clear that I did not place the silly icon onthe word Diabetes. I couldn't delete it and find it unprofessional and pureile. My apologies if this was offensive to anyone. robert bijak dpm dabps

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Get checked for diabete

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Look into plantar fasciitis. Most people complain about the daytime heel pain, but I only really notice it at night-- burning, throbbing, hot feet, everything you describe. The cool sheets/air are like ice and decrease swelling/pain. I've tried everything, including night braces and special PF shoes, but the only thing that alleviates my pain consistently is running barefoot (yes, barefoot, on a treadmill) every other day and ice. I will have a flare up whenever I STOP running (barefoot) for a few weeks. I still wear Orthaheel shoes to support my ridiculously high arches during the day, and they are comfortable, but I'm not sure how much they help the problem, in the long run.

8. rdizzy1223

rdizzy1223 New Member

Yeah, it could be fasciitis but better to get it checked out in depth. PF is way over diagnosed

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I found that Quick-eze (an antacid) and saccharin (an artificial sweetener) gave me burning feet, not immediately, but if I had been taking them for a while and they had time to accumulate in my system. Stopped taking them and no more burning feet. Perhaps you should be looking for things like these or other medications (or possibly foods ) you may be taking that is causing the pain.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had the same problem and went to a podiatrist who couldn't see any reason for the problem I was having. Saw my Primary care who did some labwork, was severely vitamin D deficient, made a huge difference after taking prescription strength Vit D. Plus I felt less depressed and I felt less fatigued. See your doc to see what they think and get labs drawn

11. hoppity

hoppity New Member

Check your Lower back S1/L5 as the symptons are often referred pain to the feet from nerve damage in the back...disc prolapses pinched Nerves.. I suffer with this and this causes burning and sharp pains excruciating.. and the same I need to keep the foot cool..

12. kkorte

kkorte New Member

Throbbing, Burning Feet .. HELP ! Only in both big toes and only when feet are inclined in any way. Usually walk (at least 3 miles a day) without pain.
    But the minute I get in the car and elevate my feet to drive, it starts. Please note, both big toes and an intense burning. Usually takes hours to stop. Have tried most pain meds without much success. Have had every test that my doctors can think of. No diagnosis. Only "neuropathy". (somewhere) Last resort - "Spinal" stimulation which is not guaranteed and extremely expensive.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

try alpha lipoic acid, benfotiamine and b complex and b12

14. Twelve years ago after a back injury I began to notice my left toe was beginning to lose its strength, and every time I curled it up and down, it felt as though there was something pulling on the tendon, it was a strange sensation.

The burning and tingling sensations began to come and go over the years, but not extreme. I made a podiatry consultation and they suggest shoe inserts, but as my condition became worse, the podiatrist kept on changing the inserts, and after a number of years the inserts did more damage and I couldn’t walk and had extreme lower back pain and painful sensations in the left foot like a heel spur. I threw the inserts into the bin, and I recovered from the back pain and heel spur sensation.

During that time of using the inserts my right toe began to response the same as the left toe, and the both began to get worse week by week.

Now my left ankle and feet are burning and tingling intensely and so extreme that I rate the sensations as 20 out of 10, and the right ankle and feet sensations as 8 out of 10.

After much research I found a number of things that has caused my problem to get worse:

(1) The shoe inserts;

(2) Arachnoiditis, which stems from the old oil-based myelogram x-ray dye used in the 1980-90’s, and I do believe that the modern x-ray dye, which is water-based, still has the same affect, particularly if you have far too many CT Scans. The myelogram strips the covering of the nerve ends, particularly the spinal cord.

(3) Electro magnetic and electrical magnetic radiation, as the world has gone mad with the evolution of home and personal wireless communications. I have found since Wi Fi , Bluetooth, and Wi Max has been introduced to the stage of madness, my symptoms have become worse.

As I look back over the years, I’ve realised the areas I lived in were all near high power tension lions, and I also noticed that my health began to deteriorate and ended up being diagnosed with ME CFS, FMS, IBS, and BMS, and syndromes that are basically undiagnosable, and all medical professions say that they are caused by environmental source that affects the nervous system.

So what is burning, tingling and numb feet display?

Possible nerve end damage!

What could be causing this damage as per medical profession?

Trauma that is induced by spinal surgery; or trauma to the spine; or multiple lumbar punctures: or spinal stenosis; or chronic degenerative disc disease!

Chemically induced by myelogram used during diagnostic test for x-rays, CT or MRI scans, but they don’t state that the myelogram dye is oil-based, which is impossible to be excreted from the body. Today they use water-based dyes.

Infection induced through viral and fungal meningitis or tuberculosis.

Most who suffer the tingling, numbness, or weakness in the legs, ankles, and feet, may also suffer other symptoms:

Bizarre sensations such as insects crawling on the skin or water trickling down the leg

Severe shooting burning and tingling pain like an electric current being sent through the body

Muscle cramps, spasms, and twitching

Bladder, and bowel dysfunction

All of these symptoms are also symptoms of those syndromes I mentioned above.

I believe since the introduction of the home communications systems and everything has become wireless the electro magnetic radiation and electrical magnetic fields that is being pumped out in radio frequency spectrum through uncontrolled radiation from electronic and electrical equipment; power lines; and home power cabling is the major causation factor of the extreme increase in many debilitating illnesses and syndromes; and it’s not just old age.

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've been going through the same thing off and on for years.. last monday my doctor did bloood work and called me into his office by wednesday.. I have sevear anemia.. Im hoping this pain and discomfort goes away soon with my high iron and vitamin c treatment.. but I really feel for you, wouldnt wish this discomfort on my worst enemy .. good luck

16. kkorte

kkorte New Member

I wish you the best for controlling your pain. After trying "Spinal Stimulation"
    for a week with no positive results, I am left with two possibilities: 1. I'm trying Cymbalta. It seems to be offering slight relief but have only been using it for about two weeks. 2. "Small Fiber Neuropathy". Few of my doctors seem to know much about it so I'm reluctant to try still another treatment. You can learn more about it at:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology neurosurgery/specialty areas/peripheral nerve/conditions/small fiber sensory neuropathy.html

- might be worth looking into.

17. SHADOW-WULF

SHADOW-WULF New Member

I agree with so many things listed below. I have an alphabet soup of things wrong with me, all ending in syndrome. Once again it is 3: 00 am and haven't had a wink of sleep due to foot burning stinging pain. Ya I have RLS and neuralgia and grew up under power lines, have had more CT and MRI scans than most, brain tumour helped get me all those tests, and a wicked dose of radiation in an unsuccessful attempt to kill it instead of cutting it out

I was ready to just chop them off tonight, they hurt so bad. I've done a course of $500 worth of blood tests and still no end in sight.

I've done the electrical conduction tests and came in a "lower end of normal"

So why do my feet feel like they start to burn and tingle 10 minutes after going to bed?:eek: I wish there was something out there that provided lasting relief.

I've imported nueragel as it's no longer carried in Canada and it helps a bit.

Has anyone done a food journal? did they find any triggers in common?

Sorry, very frustrated/ stressed and I have to "wake up" in an hour and drive to work, it's going to be a tough one.

Take care all you "burning ones"!!!!

18. john17021984

john17021984 Guest

Try using a Circulation Booster, it has electrical pulses that improve circulation and stimulate the nerves, if you go to a chemist they will give you a free demonstration, I tried it for 7 minutes and I could feel it affecting me the pain was subsiding you need at least 30 minutes a day for it to really be affective, but it may help you, The price they charged for this product (Australia) is $299 dollars AU, I felt it was working for me. John

19. Mand

Mand Guest

20. Mand

Mand Guest

Grounding or earthing really helps. Check it out on YouTube. X

Also mine disappears when eating the a.i.p. Diet (auto immune protocol)