1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

aching leg 4 weeks after bunion/toe surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Heather, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Heather

Heather Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had surgery 4 weeks ago to correct a bunion and straighten a crooked toe. I had a splint for 2 weeks and then a cast put on after the stiches were removed. The pain after surgery was pretty intense fopr the first couple of days but after the 1st week was totally fine. But now I have had a lot of aching in my leg this past week (something that I did not have before this week). I wondered if it was related to the surgery or due to deteriorating muscles after being off that leg for 4 weeks. I am feeling pretty discouraged by this new discomfort. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Well, I had hammer toe surgery 3 weeks ago. I have been in a cast since the surgery and I have it one for 1 more week. During the 2nd week of having the cast, the bottom of my foot (the ball) was cramping really bad. The only discomfort I have now is that I have crazy pressure in my foot when I stand up. My foot swells, turns red and feels like my toes are about to blow off. I can't even move my toe because if I do, it's quite painful.

3. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    I am curious to know why you were placed in a cast after hammertoe surgery. But certainly if you are in the sort of pain and symptoms you report, you should be taking this up with your surgeon.