1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sudden pain on ball of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Two days ago, after arriving home from the grocery store, I removed my sandals and found it difficult to walk because of a sudden onset of pain on the ball of my foot. I had been doing nothing out of the ordinary and cannot recall anything that would have injured it in this manner. The pain subsides when I am not putting weight on it, but as soon as I try to walk on it, it is almost unbearable. I touched the area to find out where the pain was coming from, which was also extremely painful, and the foot is tender to the touch on the ball of my foot directly under middle toes, and continuing about 1 inch down from there. I have had a stress fracture in the past, and this pain feels similar to that, but I was training for a marathon back then and have not put any such stress on my foot as of late. I am 23 and other than the stress fracture over a year ago I have never had any joint or bone problems. I was hoping that keeping weight off of it would help, but it has been 2 days and the pain is the same. I am out of town currently but I am going to make an appointment to get an x-ray as soon as possible, but I am wondering what may have caused this and if I should be doing anything other than keeping weight off of it in the meantime.

2. AussiePod

AussiePod New Member

Hi,

Good idead to get an Xray.

Stay off your foot as much as possible, apply ice (covered, nor directly to the skin) every 2 hours for 20 minutes

There are too many variables to in your story to try for a diagnosis, so this is the best i can recommend until you see your doctor.