1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Red itchy bumps on foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello! I have been having some issues with my feet for probably a couple of months now. I've been having these itchy red bumps/bubbles usually on the sides of my feet towards the bottom or near the heel. I discovered that if I puncture them, either a clear or pinkish fluid comes out of them. Also, the skin on my right big toe has been flaking and red as of late. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Could be a contact sensitivity, a fungus infection, or more likely, pompholyx or other vesicular eczemas. Pompholyx of the hand and pompholyx of the feet respectively are shown in the thumbnail images below. In the acute stage there is commonly itching and sometimes burning. When the vesicles eventually rupture or when they are mechanically opened, crusting generally occurs, after which there is spontaneously resolution, and the process then often begins again. Sometimes these areas can be come bacterially infected. The precise etiology of pompholyx is unknown, but it is thought to be sometimes associated with emotional stress and also possibly a sensitivity to nickel.

One should never attempt self-treatment until an actual diagnosis has been made, but the treatment of properly diagnosed pompholyx generally is determined by the stage of the disorder, and often includes the use of topical astringents, the short term use of topical corticosteroids and infrequently more exotic systemic medications. The medications generally seem to be more symptom oriented than preventaive or curative.

I would recommend your seeing a dermatologist if your podiatrist is not helpful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Had the exact same thing several years back... Got to the point where they were 1"+ in dia., had to walk on crutches. Only thing that worked was a perscription for 5% coal tar in zinc oxide... HAd to be mixed at an apothecary. The problem that I'd been plagued with for years quickly disappeared in a couple of days!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I dont have that but im starting to get these tiny little bumps that eventually peel (on the top of my feet) after I shower it starts leaking out clear fluid (when im dry) and its starting to go up my legs what do I do?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hello

A week or 2 back I noticed what seems to be Pompholyx on my left foot. A week before that I started treating my feet with tea tree oil ointment to try and eliminate persistent athletes foot so perhaps this had something to do with it. I ceased the tea tree oil a few days ago and brushed on malt vinegar. This stung a bit at first but prevented the itching. I think it will eliminate the Pompholyx when the skin grows out. I don't know if it will work for everyone but maybe it'll help. Perhaps the better heeled would prefer white wine vinegar? Or am I mad?!!