1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Post ingrown toenail surgery trouble. Please help!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by marioromero1989, Apr 14, 2012.

1. I had my ingrown toe nails removed permnantely about 3 weeks ago. Both sides of my big toe on my left foot. I was given antibiotics and my toe was healing fine, but about a week and a half after the procedure I made an appointment with my dr because the skin was growing over the nail again (on the left side of my toe) and there was a lot of swelling. By the time I got an appointment with my dr(4 days later) the nail looked fine. I had pulled my nail out from under the skin I suppose it relieved the pressure. Went back a week later and he said it looked fine and that was all. So now three weeks later it's starting again , I've been soaking and doing my antibiotics but I don't have any $ to cover my copayment for a couple of weeks and I don't want to see my dr again and have him tell me to just wait and come in next week to see the progress, I've spent $90 in copayment and $60 in perscriptions after my procedure and I feel like nothing is being done. I'm not sure if anything else can be done, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to help it heal faster I would love that! I've been soaking in warm water 2-3 times a day for 20mins each time. Rubbing alcohol or neosporin??? Idk lol please help! I also heard cotton ball under the nail.