1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

pain after healed jones fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Nick, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have had plenty of trouble with the dreaded jones fracture, my most recent problem is with my left foot which suffered a jones fracture in mid February of 2010. I was put into a cast and was non weight-baring for about 2 months. I was using a bone stimulator and was very careful to stay off of my foot. When my cast was taken off, x rays showed a great amount of healing. I went to see my doctor the other day because of new pain right around the fifth metatarsal. it occurs after standing on my foot for periods of time around 10 minutes or more. I am on crutches and putting all of my weight on this foot due to another jones fracture which i suffered on my right foot, for which I am in a cast now and am not bearing any weight on.

Well when i went to see my doctor and had an x ray done, the fracture line was gone for my left foot, the fracture had fully healed so he sent me on my way and dismissed my pain. My question is what exactly could be causing this pain? Is it just that all of my body's weight is causing too much pressure on the foot or could I have a stress fracture?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Be careful of that foot. You might be overusing it, making it bear too much, and that possibly could be causing a stress crack. That is exactly what happened to me, after breaking one foot and forcing the other foot to do all the work. A sress crack or stress fracture does not normally show on plain x-ray film until 3 or 4 weeks afterwards, when some bone building begins. Or, as Foot Doc has stated several times on this forum, it could also be unseen tissue, tendon, or muscle trauma. If your dr. dismisses your new pain by saying nothing is showing on the x-ray, get an appt. with another podiatrist.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. Nick

Nick Guest

but would that make any sense considering that my fracture line finally and just fully healed

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It would make sense if you wish to save the other foot from developing a complete fracture. If you are experiencing pain from a stress crack forming deep within your metatarsal, only a podiatrist could diagnose/treat that efficiently.