1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Impact Injury To Top Of Foot But No Swelling Or Even Bruising

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by richiead89, Oct 20, 2008.

1. richiead89

richiead89 Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    about 6-8 weeks ago i kicked someones foot by accident whilst playing football, i swung very hard and as a result it was painful for a day or two, feeling like i had severely bruised it. I immediately put ice on it and there was no swelling and a bruise didnt even appear, however, ever since then every time i kick the ball with that specific part of my foot it is painful and feels like a fresh bruise.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    As no one, without performing an examination or knowing the results of one, could possibly have any idea as what might have been injured and to what extent, I don't know what can possible be said that would be helpful other than that you should have such an examination and that you should avoid activities which you already know or could be reasonably assumed would cause renewed pain until that examination is made and specific recommendations and limitations could be offered

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have exactly the same problem and its doing my head in. If you hear anything please let me know!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

yesturday, at softball practice, i had a bad throw hit directly on my foot. its not brusied or swollen, but it hurts very bad to walk on it, and hurts moving my toes...x-rays showed no fractures...whats going on?!

5. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    That sort of question begs for the sort of definitive declarative statement which no one without at least and examination can responsibly offer. It may be that you have a bone contusion, and if so, it may be very tender for a long time to come. You might also have sustained a hairline fracture which has been missed. You don't say where on the foot you were hit, but small fractures, especially of the tarsal and mid-tarsal bones can be easily missed on a standard flat x-ray. Soft tissue damage would probably have shown prompt swelling, but that would depend upon the efficacy of your body's defensive and reparative symptoms. At the very least, one would think it best to get off of the foot, rest it, and have another checkup in a few days if it does not improve, and even sooner if it gets worse.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Did you have it x-rayed? The reason I ask this is because about a month ago I hurt my foot somehow and don't even know when or how. Then a couple days ago I had a knot at the bottom side of my right foot and I kept rubbing it to get it to work out but it just got sore. Then the next morning that whole area I rubbed was black and blue so I went to the Doctor. They x-rayed my foot and found that I broke the whole top of my foot. Wierdly enough, I never had pain or swelling; it didn't make any sense. I work 13-15 hours a day on my feet but I only remembered my foot feeling a little numb for a while. My doctor told me it already started healing and that it could have happened up to 2 months ago. He thought I was a drinker and that I didn't remember doing it because I found all this out the second day I was vacationing in Hawaii at an emergency center. I don't drink and I told him that. He told me it was unusal that I wouldn't have pain and swelling but not unheard of and the area I was rubbing was some sort of calcium deposits and scar tissue forming underneath the area that I aggrievated by rubbing it. Get your foot checked, you could cause a lot more problems if you don't know!

7. thompsonc87

thompsonc87 Guest

richiead89 Impact Injury To Top Of Foot But No Swelling Or Even Bruising

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    about 6-8 weeks ago i kicked someones foot by accident whilst playing football, i swung very hard and as a result it was painful for a day or two, feeling like i had severely bruised it. I immediately put ice on it and there was no swelling and a bruise didnt even appear, however, ever since then every time i kick the ball with that specific part of my foot it is painful and feels like a fresh bruise.

richiead89, what happened in the end? how long did it take to heal? i have the same problem now with the same thing happening to me at football. I had an x ray they said that i have a bruise and its taking longer to heal as i have a loss of cartilage but its so fustrating! and im not convinced.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had the same soccer accident. Have pain mainly when kicking the ball. Have that problem since 6 month now. It started right after the accident. My doctor said it could be arthritis.
    That sucks.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem. ive had it science september 09 but i went to a physico and he said that a tendon had moved out off place and long story short he sorte the tendon nd moved it back in and it was still sore today i went for an xray and they said thier was no facture or break. So i asked about and mri and she said u only get one if ur david beckham or im alot of pain my best bet is that an mri will show up the damaged muscless or tendons and show the problem but atm she perscribed me Diclofenac a pain killer thats the NHS for you do it as cheaply as possible. hope this helps.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

HElpp

YEsterday wjile walking down the stairs i stumbled and kind of landed on my toes in a bent position. It hurts when i walk, when i push off on that foot for my next step.. It has no bruising or sawelling but it does hurt. I am icing and elevating, but i dont want to go to the doctor in fear of worrying my dad. I just started practicing from a 3 month abcsense due to osteochondritis surgery. Anyone know what is wrong???

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This is very interesting. I dropped a chair on the top of my foot over a week ago and it was excrutiating. I waited and waited for an ugly bruise and swelling but got neither. Still no bruise or swelling, but it hurts to the touch or even to wear certain styles of shoes. Seems like from everyone elses comments it is just a very sensitive sopt, but not necessarily prone to bruising. I am going to wait it out a little longer and hope it goes away.

12. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

A visible skin bruise is the result of bleeding in which blood or blood pigments, often directed by gravity, dissect through and stain the superficial layers of the skin. Just because you do not see a bruise does not necessarily mean that there has not been internal bleeding and certainly does not mean that an injury has not been sustained.

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Me too!!! 2 days ago i was playing soccer and we were playing with a soccer ball that was pumped up too much and hard as a rock! i kick very hard and i think it may have bruised the top of my foot- iv had little to no swelling, no bruises- and i was on crutches at school yesterday and iv been icing and elevating. seems a lot better today but it still hurts to bend it at all or wiggle my toes. anyone know whats going on?

14. Cameron

Cameron Guest

My disclaimer is that I have no medical knowledge. I'm also a bit of a moron, as you will see. But perhaps my trials and errors will help others out.

I had a similar situation where I kicked a leg instead of the ball. My foot really hurt, although there was no swelling or visible bruising. I iced and heated but the pain remained for 3 months. I really couldn't walk normal, let alone run. I finally went to a doctor and was told first we needed to see if anything was broken with an xray. If there was nothing broken, we would then do an MRI. As so much time had passed, I ran the risk of having my bones heal incorrectly. But luckily (or maybe not) nothing showed on the xray. So I went for an MRI where I was told 2 things: cartilage damage (aka. arthritis but not the degenerative kind) or tendon damage. The MRI actually showed that I had a deeply bruised bone in the middle of my foot. So it wasn't the first metatarsal, but I think I was told the 3rd that was injured. Still the doctor initially thought it was the first because of my symptoms. Had I taken care of this right away I could have been up and running by now. But because I waited I will need physical therapy on top of the electrical stimulation. My advice is get an xray as soon as possible so that nothing heals incorrectly. Plus your foot will heal quicker, and most importantly, it will have a better chance of FULLY HEALING. My foot has yet to be better.

Good luck and heal quickly!

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Yesterday, I kicked a ball really hard, resulting in pain any time I extend my foot. The pain is located on the rightest part of my right foot. There is no bruise or swelling, but I can barely walk. COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i kicked someone on their theigh and now my foot hurts when i kick something. what do i doo?

17. ChrisBetts

ChrisBetts Guest

Hi all

About 8 weeks ago i was playing Indoor Soccer and kicked an oppenents skin pads extremely hard. Since then the top of my right foot (close to the big toe) has been extremely sore. I have had an Xray and a CT scan and both show that i have no problems with the foot. But i know for sure that there is a problem but have absolutley no idea what it may be and how to manage it. I tried kicking a ball today and it stung so bad! Can anyone help????? Thanks in advance

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I was playing football on Monday and made a tackle, stood on their foot and this caused my foot to twist awkwardly...this also caused a popping sensation on the top of my foot near the joint. Now it aches a lot when walking and driving...pointing my foot upwards causes a pain up my shin as well.

I think it's a sign that i should stop playing football as I always damage something!

Edit: There's no bruising or swelling either...painful to touch though. Appointment with the quack tomorrow morning.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  19. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I did the same thing and went to the doc and he said I tore a ligament in my foot

20. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

lisfranc injury look it up that is it.