1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

charco foot and crow boot

Discussion in 'Foot Care and Foot Health News' started by mimiraper, Sep 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mimiraper

mimiraper New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'm looking for some advice from people who have dealt with a charco foot and crow boot longer than I have.... I got the boot 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to learn how to walk in it so I can wear it most of the time. It's difficult. Any helpful suggestions for 'making friends with the boot?' The good news is that there is no pain when I wear the boot. The bad news is that it is difficult to get around the house much less go anywhere wearing the boot. And driving a car is out of the question. All the logistics are beyond me....as I said, I'm looking for advice and suggestions!

Thanks.

2. lloyd zerna

lloyd zerna New Member

It usually take months to adjust. Basically because your feet's structure is not compatible with the boot. If you are not feeling any pain, then just continue using it.

3. marip1

marip1 New Member

My spouse was recently diagnosed with Charcot in his right foot. He will be getting his shoe boot soon. His doctor told him he should stay off the foot. Once he gets the CROW shoe boot can he then walk on that foot? My understanding you have to stay off the foot even with the CROW boot.