1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Large lump on inside of my foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by bartendert, Jul 12, 2011.

1. bartendert

bartendert Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a lump 1.25 inches in diameter perfectly round and dome shaped(taller/larger in the middle:shorter/smaller one ther sides) protruding out the side of my left foot about mid way between my ankle and the knuckle of my big toe. It is solid and rock hard it does not move at all. It is very painful at all times, tender to the touch, has been continuously growing over the past 6 weeks and is a mystery to my primary doctor.

Nothing helps with the pain and in the past 2 weeks it has gotten to where it keeps me up at night. I've tried ice, heat, elevation, ibprophin, vicodin, tylenol, naproxyn and various combos of all of the above. I am a bartender so unfortunatly I have to be on my feet but I wear supportive cushioned shoes and rest as often as I can however even on my days off the pain stays consistently unbearable.

I am on a waiting list to get into a podiatrist and in the meantime the pain is actually starting to leave me frustrated and a little depressed. I'm 32 years old and otherwise very healthy and active I am the sole provider for my family and this thing with my foot is already hurting my income and I'm worried in the months to come it will hurt us worse.

What I want to know is what might it be? What should I do for now to control the pain and continue to function with my daily activities?

Also my primary keeps saying I may need surgury and the podiatrist she referred me to is a surgeon but there is no explaination as to what kind of surgery or how long the recovery would be. If anyone has any suggested info on that I would appreciate it because I need to start planning now if I'm going to be off work for any period of time having foot surgery.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

68 views and not a single response??? I'm in a great deal of pain and can't get answers anywhere. ANY advise at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Your expectations in coming here for a safe and effective answer are not reasonable. Why would you expect a worthwhile answer if you have not even had a diagnosis as to what the bump is? Do you think that just saying that you have a painful bump really helps anyone to tell you what to do? Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are plenty of podiatrists and orthopedists to go around who are fighting for your business. Since the doc who use to post a lot here rarely posts anymore very few questions get reliable answers if at all.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Wow! I am so glad to hear you live in a fantasy world where someone can just pop into a dr and get an answer and quality medical care. I however live in America where millions of people (myself included) are uninsured and suffering. I am on a waiting list for the ONLY podiatrist in the city that sees and treats patients who are uninsured for a reasonable rate. In the meantime I am in excruciating pain and suffering everyday so excuse the heck out of me if I thought I might be able to get SOME advise or answers here since it appeared that's what this site was for.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Maybe the previous poster was right that there is not enough information for an answer and that anyone who would give you an answer to your question knowing as few facts as are available to him would probably give you an answer worth exactly what you are paying for it. SOME answer and the RIGHT answer are generally not the same thing. That's why you need to see a professional even if you have to pay for it yourself like I imagine you do for every other service you require. There ain't no free lunch worth the eating.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

not looking for a free lunch. OMG you are the most insensitve bunch of people and I can only hope that you live in a country that provides free health care and therefore do not understand what I am going through. I don't have thousands of dollars to pay out of my pocket for a doctor if I did then I would pay for heath insurance. In the meantime I am scared and I am suffering and I simply looked for advise and got a lecture instead from two people on doing something most people in America are not able to or can not afford to do.

I finally did get in to a dr and discovered I have a ruptured tendon now I wait again for another month of extreme pain and no relief while they figure out what they can do about it/if anything.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

You might try Runners World online. They have ideas on how to stay comfortable with a variety of foot issues. Who would have thought a golf ball out of the freezer would help someone who has seen 10 Drs and had loads of shots. Check it out and network from there. You never know what you might find that will help.