1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bumps on the bottom of the foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My doctor basically told me it's just when your feet have too much moisture in the shoe and don't get enough air and he told me to go get medicated foot powder. So far it seems to be the trick haven't had em for a few years now.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

A lot of interesting answers, but maybe there is another possibility. A lot of doctors give fancy names to things that don't have a readily available diagnosis. Most creams work because these water blisters resolve in about 4 or 5 days into another layer of skin with the old skin peeling off.
    The cause that brought mine on was an allergy that came from drinking beer, eating cheap ice cream, or eating lots of steak. The common component in all of those is a specific protein. I still eat steak, but limit quantities of beef. Ice cream has been displaced with other things like sherbert or Italian ice. Beer can still bring on the blisters with as few as one or two cans. The blisters show up on the bottom of my foot first, if the outbreak is slightly larger it migrates to between my toes, and then finally between my fingers.
    Since identifying the cause as an allergic reaction, I haven't had any blisters form on my fingers, and only rarely on the bottom of my feet. The first manifestation is alway on my right foot.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I seem to have the same problem, but despite many discussions with my doctor I have been able to narrow down to a diet issue. Yes, the consumption of RED meat could be the cause of the, some times, itchy, bumpy, scaly little bumps under and around one or both feet. The red meat could be causing too much uric acid. These little bumps can be skin color, but have a tendency to become painful and itchy at times. They could be grouped or individually spread through your feet. As these bumps dry out, they have a tendency to change to a dark color, and even become scaly. To remediate the outbreaks, you might need to change your diet where read meat can be replaced with chicken and fish. I also seem to feel that the consumption of oats can help flares. I would be very interested to find out about your experiences as you make changes to your diet.

4. mmartins

mmartins New Member

5. AussiePod

AussiePod New Member

Just saw this thread, and it appears that these are more than one condition, although they appear similar.

Dermatology is a complicated science, as lots of conditions look the same, yet require different treatments. Conversely, the same condition will appear different on different people.

Athlete's foot is caused by quite a few different fungi. Commonly;
    Trichophyton (T.) rubrum
    T. interdigitale, previously called T. mentagrophytes var. interdigitale
    Epidermophyton floccosum

These thre fungi can produce a range of skin complaint, ranging from redness (erythema), blisters, flaking skin, ithchiness or even fissures.

Urticaria (Hives or allergic rashes) can present as redness and itching, but in severe cases blister may form aswell.

The only reliable way to diferentiate skin conditions is to see someone who knows the difference.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the craters with hard bumps in the middle too that come off. And mine do hurt. Is this athletes foot?

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So I have the same issue as the photos posted at top! and I would scratch and scratch!! I thought why not google it and came across all of your opinions and thought! thank you very much for all your answers turns out it was a small form of eczema. would have never thought eczema had I not came across this post thank you all!

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my son has this on both feet, those small bumps itch like crazy. Then they end dry skin, so it cant be althetes foot, i think its just dry skin. Hope that helps.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Look up Angioedema it's a form of hives
    I have dealt with this for the past ten years, had blood work done...nothing, went to an Allergist and was given a Rx for zyrtex and tagamet for the relief. Was told that it's an allergic reaction, body producing too much histamines, I've had it on my hands, feet, lips, eyelids and throat (gotta be careful with the throat due to obstruction airways)
    I lived in central Fl when it started, moved south to the Fl keys and it went away, moved back to central fl. and it started again...so, I'm assuming that its some kind of tree or something airborne. Feel your pain or Itch, Hope this helps!

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

went to dr and they said its

Plantar warts and palmer warts are noncancerous skin growths, caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin. The culprit is a strain of virus called human papillomavirus or HPV. Many strains of the virus exist, and those that cause common warts on the hands and feet are not the same strains of HPV that cause genital warts.

Some people mistakenly think plantar warts or palmer warts are malignant. In fact, they are not harmful. Eventually, in about two years, most warts go away without treatment. Warts can, however, cause irritation or minor pain, depending on their location. Also, warts may appear unsightly and make the person who has them self-conscious.

What Do Plantar Warts and Palmer Warts Look Like?

On average plantar warts and palmer warts are small, about the size of a pencil eraser. But some warts grow bigger. Sometimes plantar warts can grow in clusters; those are called mosaic warts.

Sometimes corns or calluses are mistaken for a palmer or plantar wart. In some warts, little black dots appear, leading people to call them "seed" warts. Actually the black dots are little blood vessels that have grown up into the wart. Warts don’t really have “seeds.”

Plantar warts usually don't stick up above the skin as much as warts on the hand, partly because of the pressure of walking and its flattening effect.

How Do You Get a Plantar Wart or Palmer Wart?

Warts are spread from person to person. The transmission can be indirect. For instance, a child with a wart on his hand may touch a playground surface that is then touched by another child and the wart spreads. Or a person with a plantar wart uses a shower without wearing shower shoes and another person then uses it and develops a wart. The risk of getting a hand or foot wart from another person is small.

A person's risk of getting a wart varies. Those with a weakened immune system are more susceptible. But those with healthy immune systems can also develop warts.

What Are Treatments for Plantar Warts and Palmer Warts?

Plantar warts and palmer warts will often eventually go away without treatment. If they bother you, however, you can treat common skin warts in a variety of ways.

Duct tape is one home remedy. Put a small strip over the wart and leave it on for six days. Then, remove the tape, soak the wart in water, and then gently debride it with a pumice stone or emory board. Repeat the process many times until the wart is gone. This may take a couple of months. Don’t expect miracles with this type ot treatment since it probably does not work any better than a placebo.
    Over-the-counter wart treatments work about 50% of the time. These wart removers usually work by peeling the wart.
    Doctor's treatments include freezing the wart off with liquid nitrogen, removing the wart with laser or surgery, or applying or injecting medicines to strengthen the immune system so it can clear your body of the virus.

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have small hard bumps on my feet and hands, not hand foot disease and not any type of wart. They do not itch or burn just hurt. I have been told they are clogged pores and there isn't anything that can be done and they will just get worse and they have. When I do something with my hands sometimes I can feel the pain to my bones it seems like. Did go to a foot doctor who was scraping them and putting acid on them thinking if he could just get the pit of it out then it might heal but that got expensive and I am terrified of having surgery plus I'm a single mom so not being able to walk wouldn't do for me. Tried to show pics but I guess I don't know how.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: flesh colored Bumps on the side of heels

I have flesh colored bumps on side of heels. Hurts to touch and painful to walk. It is hurting the whole heel on both feet! Help

13. Anonymous_AM

Anonymous_AM Guest

14. Anonymous_AM

Anonymous_AM Guest

I went to a pidiatrition and she said that it was athletes foot and told me to go to the chemist and buy anti fungal cream. I used it for a month and now several months later i havent gotten anymore of the small spots

15. JNS

JNS Guest

Same here but I'm 13 these white bumps.Looks like there is a bigger one then smaller "spore" looking bumps around the biggest. I have had these as long as I can remember I've had no problems with them. You only feel them while is the shower personally.They don't hurt just a group of hard bumps

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

What ever you do... Do not break them open... It leaves craters and they hurt

18. heather

heather Guest

Yes I just investigated and the one response that said it was
    • dyshidrosis is correct.

19. Toots

Toots Guest

20. Madison L

Madison L Guest