1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

ingrown toenail removal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by rozstahl@comcast.net, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    How long does the toe drain after having a portion of the nail killed with phenol? I had this done 2 weeks ago. Excellent experience, no pain during and small amount post removal (pressure which is relieved with epsom salt soaks)

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

If varies depending upon the amount of tissue reaction, but for more than 2 weeks is certainly common. I'm wonder why, though, that especially as your experience has been good so far, you have not asked this question of your own doctor instead of here, or conversely have asked and have not been convinced by his/her answer.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

He is a friend of mine and I don't want to be a pain in his bottom. He did a fabulous job!!!!
    I was just curious about the length of time for the drainage and didn't want to bother him.
    Did I mention I have von willebrand's?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had removed my toenaila month ago and is til draining a little,Is that normal?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've been battleing ingrowns for what only seems fo be the last 5 years, since I turn about 28 or so. It started out with just one and then both big toes and then started gettting a few on the little toes. However the big toes are the worst I've had all four sides done several times now in the last 5 years about 1 time a year it seems like. They keep making the nail thinner and thinner. Then I I had some here and there with the little one's so I went in and had them all done twice now. The nails are growing a little strange, but not terrible. All of this is permanent with phenol evertime. They keep coming back. I have another one now on a little toe, so I went in to the Dr. He didn't have time to do the full phenol said I would have to come back. I asked him if he would just take all ten full nails off? He said he would do it and soak my toes in phenol.. That's a joke. I thinking things are gettting so funny with the way they look and they keep coming back anyways. I don't care what they look like. I figure instead of having to keep going back for awhile, just best to tear em all out. He's a real good Doctor and I've never had any issues with healing. I think I'm going to take my chances and then if some grow back I'll deal with them again or whatever. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.