1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Plantar Fasciitis??

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Nancy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Nancy

Nancy Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    The out parts of my left heel has been painful to the touch for about one month. Now the arch of my foot hurts. The pain is worse as the day goes on - on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is worst ever) my pain is a constant 6, sometimes 7 to 8. I do not remember injuring the foot, but the pain has come no gradually.
    I have been stretching, icing, and trying to keep off my feet. I have recently started taking ibuprophen without relief.
    I have not seen a doctor and this condition is affecting my waking activities, and sleeping.
    Any suggestions? What can I expect at doctor's office?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Plantar fasciitis does not typically cause pain on the outer part of the heel, but it is entirely possible, but not necessarily so, that your probable shifting of weight from the painful area has cause some plantar fasciitis or other reactive injury. My recommendation would certainly be that you see a podiatrist. What you might expect is an evaluation which will probably include x-rays and a biomechanical assessment, along with any other tests or evaluations dictated by the doctor's initial examination. Be sure to think over the story of your complaint well before appearing in the doctor's office, and be prepared to give a cogent, unequivocal, chronologic and detail history of your problem, which certainly you know better than anyone else in the world.

3. ce2two

ce2two New Member

FOOT DOC ,my wife had this condition ,i'm an electrical engineer not a docter ,yet told my wife , to pull the toes towards here her knee if you will ,stretching the bottom of the foot, a very slow progression , it took around 8 months to be pain free...I practiced yoga for many years, this came in handy ,,,,simple solution . this is not a condsending remark by no means..........to you

4. ewpsxigq

ewpsxigq Guest

tawhfbp insurance

ewg4pqq5

q3nf9z3l

insurance

p0surs8h

jqcjs61t