1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Severe pain after a day in wet shoes.

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I spent the weekend at a cottage, and from mid afternoon, until the following morning I was wearing very wet shoes, and could not remove them. In the few hours before taking them off, it felt like I was developing blisters. When I took my shoes off finally, there were no blisters, or any actual visible irritation. It is now 2 days later, and I am still having a very strange pain in my feet that feels like a blister. The skin feels like it is too thick and cracking, and any movement or pressure is almost intolerable. I have tried Ice, Heat, Hand cream, Athletes foot powder, and am out of Ideas.
    Any suggestions?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This same thing is happening to me! Only the time was shorter. I had no choice but to wear wet socks and shoes. I put them on yesterday morning and wore them until around 4 pm yesterday afternoon. When I finally removed my shoes and socks my feet felt like they were burning and they itched so bad. The bottoms of my feet were red but other than that there was no signs of injury. It was very painful to walk yesterday and it hurt even worse if I actually stepped on something, even the cracks in the kitchen tile! Today I can barely walk and every step is excrutiating! I have no idea what is going on and I'm kinda worried. I've been googling all day and have only come across "trench foot" but my symptoms are not that severe.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Flash flood happened here and I got stuck wearing my wet shoes and socks for the whole day. I felt them starting to feel a little rubbing on the bottom of my foot but once I got them off it seemed okay. The next night my feet start hurting really bad. I don't know what to do.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member