1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bones of instep and top of foot sensitive sore

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by jimmy jon jo, Feb 16, 2009.

1. jimmy jon jo

jimmy jon jo Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Can anyone help - the bones of my foot feel sore particularly when I have my shoe on and when I put weight on my foot - no sensitivity noticeable when I am resting

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'd like to know the answer to your question as well. Once a blue moon the top of my left foot becomes sore. At rest there's no pain. When I walk on it it hurts. And there is no apparent reason why it should be sore.

3. cpp

cpp New Member

Same here.....

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Me too - I just got it yesterday - the top of my left foot, near the toes is really painfully to walk on over the last two days. This has never happened to me before and its odd becuase there is no bruising. I'm puzzeled but have a couple of ideas to what is causing the pain:

a) in work am i sitting with my left foot curled behind the seat for too long ...?
    b) is my left shoe is suddenly digging into me ..... ?
    c) played golf three days ago, perhaps my left golf shoe is too small...?

Hopefully it clears up soon

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I am getting a similar problem and had this a couple of years ago and ended up in hospital with a badly swollen foot. I had been a bit sore from time to time and I walked it off but it eventually got really sore after about 1 week.

My doctor thought it might have been gout, or due to me not taking enough fluids
    there was a circulatory problem and eurea like particles that are needle like had gathered
    in my foot.

I did not take much fluid yesterday and I will increase my fluid intake today as
    this was very painful the last time.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

had this a year past in february and got it again I called my doctor for an appointment tomorrow they said come in right away it sounds like gout and can be very painful.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

A few months ago I experienced excruciating pain in my instep behind my small toes. It turned out to be gout possibly caused by the antidepressant mirtazapine.

Quick steps before you see a doctor: Do not take aspirin. Drink plenty of non-soft drink fluids non-acidic except for tart cherry juice. Milk is good. Do not consume meat or shellfish until cleared by a doctor.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Whenever I have an instep pain, I tie my shoe laces along the side of the shoe and just tie (loosely) at the top to secure shoe, it helps a lot and reduces the pain and irritation against my instep..

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

1st attempt to blog. My right foot instep hurts. Occassionally after sitting I walk just fine and then it seems my foot tires and the pain returns. Elevation and ice for therapy. Wondering if a wrap of any kind might speed healing. Tennis elbow abates quickly with the use of a pressure wrap perhaps there's a similar wrap for the instep. I see the podiatrist for morton's neuroma Thursday and if I remember I'll post his response to the instep pain. Most likely something got strained and time and less use will heal the strain.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Has happened to me twice now, once in each foot Painful swollen and inflamed insteps. Blood work ruled out gout in both cases. MRI on right foot revealed torn ATF ligament with a "floating body" (bone/cartiledge chip). No determination, other than not gout on left foot as yet. X-rays will miss a torn ligament and unless MRI ordered may never know cause of 2nd incident.
    I never had the bone chip removed and the right ankle still swells up from time to time when tissue gets irritated.

11. Jacqui

Jacqui Guest

Is there any treatment for a swollen instep? It is very swollen and aches all the time.
    Please help?

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same issue here. Thought it was my shoes but each pair hurts in the same spot . . . left instep where I am tying the knot. Even though the knot is loose there must be some connection because the pain is not there when walking around the house in slippers.

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi Guys,

I have pain in my right instep after about 15 minutes of walking. After the initial 15 minutes the pain seems to go away. It happens every time now and it is getting to be a real pain in the you know where. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

14. Guys and gals, after reading the many posts, I feel confident that most are suffering from gout, or "gouty arthritis." The sensitivity / pain can come on very suddenly (overnight, while you are sleeping!), and then your instep (and even into the ANKLE, which maybe is more prevalent) is so tender that standing / walking is painful. Yes, urea / uric acid seems to be the culprit. Please go to a health website and read about ankle gout / gouty arthritis, the diet for foods to avoid and some that may help (particular foods--SOUR CHERRIES--which will help). If you can possibly go without much food for a day, begin drinking LOTS OF WATER. It will help to begin flushing out the crystals. Naproxen or Ibuprofen may help. Also note that the tender area (and you may actually see some swelling) may "move" or grow to incorporate a larger portion of the instep.
    If you are a frequent sufferer of this malady, you may want to ask your doctor to confirm your own diagnosis and take daily medication, such as allopurinol. THowever, that's a big leap from just maintaining what you can with diet, etc.

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: Instep sudden onset of intermittent sharp pain

For the last 24 hours I have had an intermittent sharp pain occurring in my left instep. It is sudden, makes me 'yelp' and immediately passes off. Random frequency and not affected by whether I am sitting, standing or walking.It woke me last night and kept me awake thereafter, throughout today at work it has been a nuisance and I am still getting it this evening.

In case it is relevant I am T2 diabetic and do not have a vein in my left leg as it previously been used for a graft.

All suggestions of what it is and how to resolve it will be welcome.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

While it does sound like gout for everyone else, I have a slightly more peculiar, yet similar, problem: I do have the severe pain (not tear jerking, but it's certainly no simple bruise), but it's only on the top of my foot, not the instep. Also, no swelling whatsoever. My mother-in-law is a retired nurse & she said it was surprising to be in that kind of pain with no swelling, AND no pain of my instep. The pain is sort of centered around the "knot" on the top of your foot (I say knot like you would with a tree knot, I suppose it's more of a knuckle halfway from your ankle to your big toe), and towards the middle of the top of the foot. It's been fairly steady for three days now. The day before it started, my knee was killing me.....on the opposite leg. Note: I did just move a bed and huge couch into my upstairs apartment, but that was about 14 days ago. I had sore back muscles and whatnot after that, but nothing else. Could it take this long for damages in my lower extremities to begin aching? I didn't drop anything on my feet either. I can't really afford a doctor, but I do have an emergency fund set aside if this sounds like it could be life altering. Has anyone had something like this SOLVED? I'm looking for an end result answer for someone that's had this happen.

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

this, of course, is just starting to happen to me on both of my feet and i just started my 3rd season of soccer/football but it has never happened to me and it also only happens from time to time, whenever i run alot the pain is excrusiating (sorry for my spelling) and it gets so bad that i almost blacked out from the pain, it started out at my ankles and spread to my whole foot so right now I'm thinking about quitting soccer and seeing a doctor

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

btw whenever i'm sitting down it sort of sends a quick surge of pain just like how your heart beats it comes on and then off suddenly

19. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem, terrible pain on top of my foot , slight swelling ,no bruising[no accident or anything, I do however have pains in my hip, but i don't think its related, just have to hope it goes away ...In the past a visit to the Dr has resulted in the usual its probably aritheritis.QUOTE=Unregistered;99146]While it does sound like gout for everyone else, I have a slightly more peculiar, yet similar, problem: I do have the severe pain (not tear jerking, but it's certainly no simple bruise), but it's only on the top of my foot, not the instep. Also, no swelling whatsoever. My mother-in-law is a retired nurse & she said it was surprising to be in that kind of pain with no swelling, AND no pain of my instep. The pain is sort of centered around the "knot" on the top of your foot (I say knot like you would with a tree knot, I suppose it's more of a knuckle halfway from your ankle to your big toe), and towards the middle of the top of the foot. It's been fairly steady for three days now. The day before it started, my knee was killing me.....on the opposite leg. Note: I did just move a bed and huge couch into my upstairs apartment, but that was about 14 days ago. I had sore back muscles and whatnot after that, but nothing else. Could it take this long for damages in my lower extremities to begin aching? I didn't drop anything on my feet either. I can't really afford a doctor, but I do have an emergency fund set aside if this sounds like it could be life altering. Has anyone had something like this SOLVED? I'm looking for an end result answer for someone that's had this happen.[/QUOTE]

20. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have bones in my foot get out of alignment and hurt. A chiropractor that is good with extremities can put it back in place.