1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain on outside of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    It may be tendinitis I have the same thing in my foot the only thing I have found that has helped was nightly massage Epsom salt in a foot bath and voltarn if u do the voltarn right after the soak and massage it right into the side of ur foot 2 times a day it does help but the pain will never leave u I have been living with the pain in my foot sense 2006

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Left foot, lateral, top of foot. I walk 3 miles per day and work as nurse (on feet alot). Wear good shoes, Dansko and good walkers. The pain was intermittent two years ago, now it is there when I stand. Saw ortho doc, he referred me to get orthotics. Will this help?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have pain on the outerside of my right foot under pinky toe. It happened immediately after I took a four mile walk. Any advise would help.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have that problem only when I walk for exercise for a while. The pain will go along the outside edge of my foot. Sometimes when it happens I try to roll my foot inward while walking and that seems to help a little. I have tried every shoe imaginable with no luck. If it hurt all the time, I would think it was a problem with a bone, but it's only when I walk and not all the time then. Any thoughts?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I too have pain which started about 3 weeks ago on the side of my right foot. Around the small toe and it resonates along the side of the foot and sometimes near the arch. I can be working outside all day and the pain is bearable but when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning the pain in unbearable. I cannot remember any trauma to the foot but it is hard to put pressure on it. So it is nice to see other posts where people have the same problem. If anyone has any ideas as to what it is before I see the doctor I would appreciate any feedback.

6. I get the same pain on both feet only if I jump/land doing a workout. The pain is under my pinky toe and stops before the heel. It's a burning pain. If I try to walk it off, it'll hurt more but will subside. Doesn't happen when I run, only jumping or landing on my feet.

I came across cuboid syndrome.

7. maintman

maintman New Member

Two months back I developed extreme pain in my right foot. In the preceding months I had suffered from planta fasciitis (tendonitis of the arch) in the same foot, as a result of regular jogging in crappy old sneakers. I treated this with stretching and ice packs under the foot.

Then extreme pain developed suddenly, with no physical trauma. It began with a mild ache one evening and progressed to outright agony the next morning. The pain is located in the area of the fourth metatarsal & cuboid bone.

It was initially misdiagnosed as gout - there is no swelling, redness or uric acid abnormalities.

I then went to a podiatrist who said I had three bones misplaced, probably from limping due to the planta fascia. She manipulated it and brought me instant relief.

But the point to my long winded post is that after a month or so of relative comfort the pain has suddenly returned.

What has become immediately obvious is that both times I have been quite ill with the flu.

So my question is: Does anyone know of a virus causing acute foot pain with no swelling or redness? Is there prevention or treatment available? :confused:

8. maintman

maintman New Member

Cuboid displacement? Check post #27

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

possible Morton's Neuroma or more likely a 5th metatarsal fracture

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I am noticing that most people report that pain on their RIGHT foot. I have it too. When I first get out of bed, I can barely walk, but it gets better after I'm up and around a bit. Anyhow, I'm wondering if excessive driving, pressing the accelerator and brake pedals might either cause or exacerbate the condition?

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The side of my foot on my right side hurts whenever it burns it hurts to walk or run ...what's wrong with it

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

possibly pseudo-gout or rheumatoid arthritis......could be affiliated with kidney problems....need xray first....then blood work.....foot doctor or rheumatologist.