1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th broken metatarsals

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

I recently broke and displaced my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th metatarsals on my left foot on the 30th October. I had surgery on the 31st where the surgeon put in metal rods (which are sticking out of my foot) I had surgery again on the 10th November to put pins in and to fuse bones together.

I am a 22 year old female who used to run track (sprints) for a D1 university and I currently take part in crossfit and still sprint regularly so I would say I am fairly healthy.

At the time I was quiet upset and didn't want to hear bad news from the Doctor so I never asked him questions about if I was going to be able to sprint or lift heavy weights again due to the nature of the injury.

Does anyone has experience with this sort of injury and have they been able to run/ take part in sports again?

Thank you in advance.