1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Reconstruction foot surgery help!!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Shakilareed90, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Shakilareed90

Shakilareed90 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    When I was four years old, I was hit by a car. The car had only left a scar on my foot, but the damage is pretty bad. I would like to know if i could get reconstruction surgery on this, and what would be the estimated cost. I am now 17 and embarrased to show my feet because of the damage. When I was in the hospital, I had to get a skin graph. Which they took skin off my thigh and put it on my foot. Im not worried about my thigh though because doctors told me I could get a tattoo over it, or something. Here's a link to how my foot looks.

[​IMG]

Please tell me what i should do.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

You are a minor and couldn't give your legal consent to reconstructive surgery if you wanted to. Have you parents take you to a well-vetted surgeon skilled in post-trauma reconstructive surgery of the foot for an opinion and advice.

3. Shakilareed90

Shakilareed90 New Member

I'm turning 18 soon that's why i'm asking. My mother is deceased, and I don't talk to my dad. So the answer to that question is no. All i want to know is if this could be reconstructed to look normal or not.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I don't offer advice directly to minors, or those who are ALMOST not, but even if I did, how could I possibly give you an answer to your question without the ability to examine you?