foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Grade2 or 3 ankle sprain?

Old 13th April 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Grade2 or 3 ankle sprain?

Basically last week i severely sprained my ankle (drunk at the time so i deserve it) however they put me in a backslab cast for a week until the swelling went down. And the xray revealed i had an old fracture but no new ones. However i have sprained my ankle and they placed me in a fibreglass cast yesterday for 3 more weeks. My question is does this sound like a grade 2 or grade 3 ankle sprain? im a 16 year old male and am very sporty so can't wait to get back exercising. I have an appointment next week where i may be allowed to switch to an ankle brace which will allow the up and down movement of the ankle (i can do this without pain) and prevents the left and right motion. it is my right foot and it is swollen on the right hand side with some bruising.