foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

tendon damage - advice needed

Old 13th April 2012, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Default tendon damage - advice needed

I hurt my foot about 3 years ago whilst playing football. It was very painful for a while, I couldn't wear heels for about 3 months and it took about a year to heal properly.
In January this year I was doing zumba and it 'went' again. I went to a doctor immediately who was useless. I made another appointment with a different doctor when it wasn't feeling much better after another 2 weeks. He said that he thinks I've damaged/hurt my tendon that runs down my leg and attaches to the fifth metatarsel (when he pressed the area it really hurt). He sent me for an xray to rule out a stress fracture and the xray came back clear. He said I need to see a physiotherapist and am still waiting for an appointment!
I haven't been given much guidance so that I can help myself. If I walk gently for only an hour my foot is in so much pain that I have to treat it with hot/cold compressess.
Can you advise me as to what I should be doing to help my situation.