foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Post ingrown toenail surgery trouble. Please help!

Old 14th April 2012, 11:26 PM
marioromero1989

Default Post ingrown toenail surgery trouble. Please help!

I had my ingrown toe nails removed permnantely about 3 weeks ago. Both sides of my big toe on my left foot. I was given antibiotics and my toe was healing fine, but about a week and a half after the procedure I made an appointment with my dr because the skin was growing over the nail again (on the left side of my toe) and there was a lot of swelling. By the time I got an appointment with my dr(4 days later) the nail looked fine. I had pulled my nail out from under the skin I suppose it relieved the pressure. Went back a week later and he said it looked fine and that was all. So now three weeks later it's starting again , I've been soaking and doing my antibiotics but I don't have any $ to cover my copayment for a couple of weeks and I don't want to see my dr again and have him tell me to just wait and come in next week to see the progress, I've spent $90 in copayment and $60 in perscriptions after my procedure and I feel like nothing is being done. I'm not sure if anything else can be done, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to help it heal faster I would love that! I've been soaking in warm water 2-3 times a day for 20mins each time. Rubbing alcohol or neosporin??? Idk lol please help! I also heard cotton ball under the nail.