foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Neuropathy and orthotics

Old 12th April 2012, 07:27 PM
Nan

Question Neuropathy and orthotics

Hello - I have a real dilemma. I have neuropathy (had all the tests to confirm why and nothing unusual found) and VERY hyper-sensitive soles of my feet. (Also nerve conduction tests negative..)

I need to wear orthotics for my high arches and plantar fasciitis, and yet, ANY orthotics I have been prescribed bother my feet tremendously. How can I get the structural and biomechanical correction I need without the "hard" orthotics. I have been prescribed semi-rigid orthotics, with layers of soft material, yet they are too "hard". Thanks for your thoughts. Have been in a lot of pain with this for many years....
Old 16th April 2012, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Neuropathy and orthotics

I have the same problem. I have found the thick sole New Balance shoe #1123MC accompanied with the Pedor insert to give me great relief. The shoe is specially made to accomodate the thick Pedor insert without causing pain on top of the foot. I also order the extra-wide shoe to give my toes extra room. I have used this combination for over 8 years with very good sucess. Good luck! You can find both the shoe and insert on the internet at their individual websites. Just use google.
Sponsored Links