foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Foot Pain Post Surgery

Old 26th April 2012, 04:44 PM
A welcome new poster

Default Foot Pain Post Surgery

Had mid-foot fusion one year ago with assurance from podiatric surgeon that I would be able to return pain-free to activities of dancing and running. Had great recovery, following doc's orders to a "T". About a month after getting go-ahead to resume activities (I started salsa dancing but have yet to run), had to have cortisone injection in lateral mid foot because, according to doc, the foot was having to adjust to moving differently. Three cortisone injections and a year later, I am in worse pain than I was prior to surgery! Iced EVERY night after dancing. CAT scan last week showed nothing remarkable so he has me applying a compounded cream from a pharmacy that includes anti-inflam, muscle relaxant, anesthesia, neuropathic pain reducer and anti-spasm. He says try this before we discuss "more drastic measures". Not having insurance, I didn't even want to know what that meant. Meanwhile, I booted back up and am not dancing or doing much of anything. I am very discouraged. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I would be very grateful!