1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Strange Pain outside of left foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Bree, May 7, 2009.

1. Bree

Bree New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Two days ago I hit the outside of my left foot (along the side, between the heel and the little toe) with a metal bar. When it hit the pain was severe and it took me a minute to shake it off, but after that initial pain, I was fine. The rest of the night and the next day I didn't have any problems. However when I woke up yesterday I noticed that it hurt when I brushed anything up against the outside of my foot. It didn't hurt to press on it, or walk on it, just when anything lightly brushes up against it. When I went to put a sock on there was a sharp pain when it initially went over that area but once it was on, no problems. There is no swelling, no redness, and no bruising. Any ideas what could be wrong? And is there anything I can do to help with this?

Thanks so much.
    Bree

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Just a guess, but you may have traumatized the sural nerve. If that is the case, you should be aware that nerve injuries can be unpredictable as far as timing and extent of recovery and the degree to which they can be successfully treated.