1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot pain for 10 months

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 31, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    In July 2008 I missed about 5 steps and landed heavily on my left foot. Extreme pain and swelling. I was taken to the ER, given x-rays and told to see an orthopaedist. X-rays showed no broken bones. Orthopaedist just probed and pushed my foot and gave me a walking boot to wear for 2 weeks, then sent me to physical therapy for a month and told me I would be fine. I am not fine. Some days I can walk with no pain. Most days I cannot. I cannot figure it out. The pain changes, sometimes on the top of my foot, sometimes the side, sometimes my ankle. I am at a loss as to what is going on and very tired of it. I've had 2 xrays since the initial one and they show nothing. This has been going on for nearly a year. Any advice is appreciated.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    If a doctor told you what you said you were told, it would be reasonable to assume that the doctor had some sort of diagnosis in mind. What I would do is demand the diagnosis from that orthopedist who put you in a walking boot, sent you for PT and told you that you would be fine. Then perhaps you would have some sort of basis for discussing your problem. I get really unset when I hear treatment rendered without a clue as to why and without an explanation to the patient. If that was the case, you need to know it.