1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Non-union of navicular bone in my left foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by JCSmith, May 25, 2010.

1. JCSmith

JCSmith New Member

When I was a young child I had foot injury to my left foot. At the time my Mother took me to a foot doctor and they did x-ray on it. They found an acute fracture, and non-union of the navicular bone. He did not want to do surgery at that time because he said it would affect the growing plates in my foot. I am 24 years old now, and suffer a lot with pain in my left foot to this day. I have went to an emergency room to get it x-ray to see what was wrong with it. They said there is still evidence of an old trauma injury "non-union of navicular" bone. Does anyone have any information on this type of injury and what kind of procedures could be done to fix the pain that I suffer from? Sometimes the pain is so bad that it effects my work, and causes me to be unable to work.

Any information anyone has would be much appreciated!