1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Swollen, and extremely itchy toes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by MaryJoe, Feb 23, 2010.

1. MaryJoe

MaryJoe New Member

I have had this "condition" for 5 years on and off. Twice a year the top nuckle on my toes gets red, swollen, extremely sensitive and very itchy. I've tried everything you can buy for athlete's foot, and nothing works. I recently went to a padiatrist and he said it wasn't athlete's foot, but he had no idea what it was. He gave me some cream for it, and when they started acting up I used it but it only briefly releived the pain, and eventually stopped working all together. My boyfriend went to the doctor a while ago and was prescribed a cream for his ingrown toenail pain, and as a last resort I used some. It's called Bactroban Cream, it helps but still does not completely take away the pain. If anyone knows of what this could be that keeps happening, or anything I could do to get rid of it please let me no.