1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Single K-Wire

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by footsie, Apr 12, 2012.

1. footsie

footsie Guest

I have a quick question regarding walking with k-wires. I have previously (8 months ago) had all of my lesser toes (2-5) straightened with k-wires. Unfortunately, two of them suffered from lack of blood supply and the wires had to be removed early, causing the toes to re-curl. I am two days out of day surgery to correct this with one toe having a SmartToe implant and the other having to have a k-wire. My current problem is that because the k-wire is in my third toe, lifting my foot up to walk is currently quite painful. I was told I could be up and about in a couple of days but the stabbing pains are making me doubt the advisability of this! Anyone have any experience of walking with a single k-wire?