1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bruised Second Toes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    When I walk for exercise.....about a mile.....the toes beside my big toes become bruised and hurt terribly. The nail actually seems to stick up....and there appears to be some kind of growth under the nail. Eventually, the nails come off. I have been to several doctors and no one seems to know what causes this. The second toe on my right foot seems to be overlapped when I walk by my big toe, but the left foot has had surgery for bunions and the toe is straight and is not overlapped by the big toe. I thought if I wore walking sandals so my toes were not confined, this would solve the problem, but it doesn't. What in the world do I do????????!!!!!!!!!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Bruises occur either from blunt force trauma or from rubbing or friction of sufficient vigor as to cause intra-dermal or sub-dermal bleeding. If neither is the case in your situation, then I would have no clue as to its etiology or what might be done for it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008