1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

side of foot pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by RLG, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RLG

RLG New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    on the outside of my right foot (mid lenght between the toes and heel)sometimes i have a pain that last for several days--it seems to appear after a running sessions or if i am on my feet for several hours in tennis shoes---any thougts on prevention or treatment? thaks very much rlg

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    The area of which you speak may be the styloid process of the base of the 5th metatarsal, which normally juts out from the lateral aspect of the foot, and is not uncommonly traumatized, and even sometimes fractured, especially in inversion injuries of the foot. Of course, without an actual examination, it would be impossible for me to be definitive about this, and terribly unwise for you to depend on it as addressing your individual case. You need to see a podiatrist for a hands-on evaluation before any specific treatment can be determined and advised. I think that it should go without saying that running or any sports or other activity which stresses the foot should be avoided until an actual diagnosis is made . . but, there . . I've said it anyway.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The reply from the doctor seems to be a recital of a textbook page. All you did was tell the person what area of the foot they were experiencing pain. I don't think that answer is anywhere near helpful. I'm assuming that in every single response you mention that proper diagnosis is not possible without evaluation. So what help did you really offer with this response? It may be more helpful to respond with a list of problems you think it could be, given your knowledge in the field of medicine, or perhaps a link to a site that could provide more information.

4. smithbaker101

smithbaker101 New Member

I think your shoes is not comfortable for you...
    I think you have to use the freely shoes or branded sport shoes then you never face this type of problem..
    Change the shoes otherwise you have to go to the treatment center...